Your ideal quick and easy breakfast of choice
May 20, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #31 of 109

Quote:
bowl of nails with scotch

biggrin.gif

Bagel+cream cheese+easily disassembled fruit (banana being up there, but not to be outdone by the occasional orange)

May 20, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #34 of 109
My daily smoothie recipe:

First add 1 6oz yogurt to blender (look for the ones without HFCS and artificial sweeteners)
Then fill to 2C line with juice/milk (I use Soy Dream Vanilla, yum!)
Toss in 1-2 Tb of flax seed and almond meal (recommended to grind the flax seed a bit since our bodies have a hard time breaking them down)
Add about 1 Tb of honey (use local honey to vaccinate against polens in your area)
fill yogurt cup twice with frozen fruit
Blend, enjoy!

May 20, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #36 of 109
How quick are we talking here? If I'm in a huge rush I'll just pop a couple of Pop Tarts in the microwave for a few seconds. Not all that healthy, but as quick and easy as it gets.

May 20, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #38 of 109
There's no real defined answer but IMO, the best thing to eat for breakfast is plants because it is the best thing for the human body. If you can find a quick way to eat plants for breakfast, that's the best thing for your body.

May 20, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #39 of 109
One bowl of Kelloggs Crunch with 2% low-fat milk, waiting one minute until texture is objectively perfect before consumption ...

May 20, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #40 of 109
Quote:
There's no real defined answer but IMO, the best thing to eat for breakfast is plants because it is the best thing for the human body. If you can find a quick way to eat plants for breakfast, that's the best thing for your body.

How convenient! I just happen to have plants right outside of my house.

May 20, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #41 of 109
In my youth, cold piece of chicken or pizza, a doob and a beer.

Today, when we do breakfast we make extra meat and biscuits and put them in the freezer. One minute for a fresh egg/ bacon or sausage on a biscuit in the microwave. Either a glass of juice or piece of fruit and water.

May 20, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #43 of 109

Quote:
Add about 1 Tb of honey (use local honey to vaccinate against polens in your area)

Does that provide some resistance to hay fever? I'm allergic to pretty much everything (grass, dust, mould, pet dander, pollen.) But my impression is that the pollen is the culprit during the hay fever months. Any relief from the sneezing, burning eyes, etc would be great.

Quote:
One bowl of Kelloggs Crunch with 2% low-fat milk, waiting one minute until texture is objectively perfect before consumption ...

So you are saying that your Cap'n Crunch is better after a short burn-in? Does the flavor get more open and transparent? Do you taste more detail in the flavor notes?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back