Your Favourite Basshead Album
Sep 6, 2003 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

chadbang

Headphoneus Supremus
I heard mine tonight again after a long absence:

The Smashing Pumpkins: "Siamese Dream"[/]

I could just float away on the constant bass lines.

Sep 6, 2003 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 39
King Crimson - Discipline

the way Levin plays the Stick on that disc just completely blows my mind. off-the-hook!

Sep 7, 2003 at 6:58 PM Post #3 of 39
Einsturzende Neubauten, Silence is Sexy

...and yes, I agree with the Tony Levin rec. He's also really hot on Beat.

Electronica-wise, Indietronica (a various artists compilation) has a lot of really nice bass. My sub was workin'...!

Sep 7, 2003 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 39
Chemical Brothers-- Dig Your Own Hole and various parts of Surrender. Bass heaven!
cool.gif

Oct 15, 2003 at 8:38 PM Post #7 of 39
I will have to say that the album "Bass Computer" by Techmaster P.E.B. is the ultimate basshead album. It is not my favorite album but I find it very enjoyable to listen to when I want bass overload.

There is a guy who actually measured the lowest bass response of a bunch of cd's and lists the 30 deepest measurements:

http://www.pcavtech.com/abx/basscds.htm

-Boom
280smile.gif

Oct 16, 2003 at 10:44 PM Post #8 of 39
plastikman- muisk

It's not the shake-the-shingles-off kind of bass. More like shake-your-soul kind of bass. Atmospheric to the point that it envelops you.

Oct 16, 2003 at 11:10 PM Post #9 of 39
There are just so many....

Scorn Zander, or anything really
wink.gif

Simm Welcome
Techno Animal/Porter Ricks Symbiotics
Zonal Quatermass Project
Ice Bad Blood
Shellac At Action Park
The Jesus Lizard Goat
Phleg Camp Ya' Red Fair Scratch
Pitch Black Electronomicon

Oct 17, 2003 at 1:10 PM Post #11 of 39
I've just 'discovered' - The Prodigy - The Fat of the Land

I know i'm a bit late in getting this but i'd previously had no interest in listening to this. I picked up a copy at a boot sale a few weeks ago for a quid or so and added it to my collection as I'd heard from a few people who recommended it.

Well..... i'm listening to it now and am absolutely blown away by it. The huge dynamics and basslines are overwhelming. I normally listen to more staid stuff like blues and jazz but this is complete revelation!

Oct 17, 2003 at 3:55 PM Post #14 of 39
Grooverider - Mysteries Of Funk.
I dare any basshead to listen to "Wheres Jack The Ripper" and not burst out with a huge smile on their face... its quite possibly the best bassline ever.. and so so deep, seen him live (way back in 98) and it was astoundingly good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back