your favorite cocktail?
Dec 2, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #47 of 57
I like a good craft beer but as far as mixed drinks, I love Lunch Boxes and Long Island Ice Tea. Bath tub punch is good for some nostalgia.

Dec 2, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #49 of 57
Vodka Martini with touch of smoke, lemon/orange peel, one olive, and a capfull of Vermouth.

Most people have me make one of my signature White Russians
2 - UV or Imperia vodka
3 or 4 - Skim Milk
2 - Saborosa
1 - Carolanns Irish Creme

Smooth, Cremey, no heavy feeling in the mouth, clean finish, and packs quite a punch.

Lately it has been wine and a pretty simple grog made with Sailor Jerry rum though.

Dec 3, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #51 of 57
I always found the traditional gin and juice (citrus) nasty, but gin and cranberry is probably my favorite. Maybe a splash of 7up to take the edge off the pine tree on the first one
tongue.gif

Rum or jack and coke is a close second.

And strangely Diet Dr. Pepper and vodka goes down really well. Sounds disgusting right?

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:58 AM Post #53 of 57
I've never been a mixed drink kinda guy, I normally like to take shots of primarily tequila, or just about whatever comes across my way(except Jack Daniels), but if had to choose, I'd go with Margaritas

Dec 5, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #55 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've become hooked on Gordon gin and tonic again.

I generally use standard Tanqueray for G&Ts, but if you can find some Fever Tree tonic, snap it up! It's far better than any other tonic I've found. Unfortunately, it isn't easy to find, and supplies are (to say the least) limited. They also make a Bitter Lemon (think tonic water with lemon) that's superb.

Usually, I have to settle for Schweppes, in the 10-oz. glass bottles. I don't like buying the 1- or 2-liter bottles - there's nothing I hate more than flat tonic.

That being said, G&T is definitely a summer drink for me. When it's freezing outside, I'd rather have bourbon, rye, or Scotch, neat or with a few drops of water, in a Glencairn glass. Ardbeg goes well with a rip-roarin' fire in the fireplace.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back