your favorite cd's/artists that give out best 3d effects
Aug 22, 2002 at 10:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Tina

100+ Head-Fier
i'd like your votes on your favorite cd's or artists that have superior 3d sound quality on your top end headphones and speakers. like hearing the drummer 5 feet away, the pianist in front of you, or left and right separation flows. all genres are applicable. specific sound-test cd names too.

Aug 22, 2002 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 8
  1. brian eno - thursday afternoon, ambient #4
  2. future sound of london - lifeforms
  3. michael brook - cobalt blue
  4. stereolab - sound-dust
  5. philip glass - aguas da amazonia

Aug 23, 2002 at 5:15 AM Post #3 of 8
Led Zeppelin II. Just kidding
smily_headphones1.gif
One of the most muddy produced albums ever.

Aug 23, 2002 at 7:59 AM Post #4 of 8
Roger Waters - Amused to Death
mostly sound effects

Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
philip glass - aguas da amazonia

Haven't heard this one yet, and I'm a big fan -- usually get everything. Will have to check it out.

Aug 23, 2002 at 5:42 PM Post #5 of 8
dusty,
if you can find it, get it. uakti's interpretation of glass' music is one of the best i've heard, and i've been collecting glass since koyaanisqatsi. the recording is clear, warm and very dynamic.

p.s.: koyaanisqtsi and powaqqatsi are coming out on dvd as a 2-pack for about $22 on sept 17th!

Aug 24, 2002 at 12:54 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
p.s.: koyaanisqtsi and powaqqatsi are coming out on dvd as a 2-pack for about $22 on sept 17th!

I know! That (Koyaanisqatsi) is like one of my absolute favourite movies of all time, at least in the top 10. I can't wait. Of course, then it'll come out on Superbit...

Aug 24, 2002 at 1:10 AM Post #7 of 8
did i mention i've seen both performed live by philip glass in concert? i think i did at some point.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back