Your #1 Favorite Album
Aug 31, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #106 of 205
Signed up to thank some of you for introducing me to some new music! I figured I may as well leave some of my choices for the top spot. Happy listening.

220px-Camel-Mirage.jpg
Nouveau_Flamenco_%28album%29_cover.jpg
220px-Hybris_Cover.gif
220px-Morphine_The_Night.jpg

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #111 of 205

My fave album (alongside ok computer) Their best imo, before they got a little too contrived. It flows from start to finish like a concept album should. It's a masterpeice!

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #112 of 205
Quote:

My fave album (alongside ok computer) Their best imo, before they got a little too contrived. It flows from start to finish like a concept album should. It's a masterpeice!

Nice to see Atom Heart Mother getting some love. I've always liked it a lot, but it's not quite my favorite Pink Floyd album. VERY underrated.

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #113 of 205
Eek. So many to choose from.

Catherine Wheel - Adam and Eve. This album really is a masterpiece, designed and demands to be listened to as a whole.

Talk talks last couple of albums are splendid also. All feature Tim Friese-Greene so no surprise.

Living Colour - Stain. Hard, noisy and railing at the world. Nothingness is the standout track.

Queens of the stone age - Song for the deaf. Worth it for the title track.

Sep 26, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #115 of 205
There's so many great albums out there, it's hard to choose only one.

Bran Van 3000 - Glee

Not necessarily for the sound quality or for the complexity, but simply because it's a very enjoyable album.

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #116 of 205
As I am only allowed to list one album and it seems to be  a rock selection that's required then the best ever album in that genre was 'Love - Forever Changes'. Certainly not the biggest selling but the best by far.

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #118 of 205
i could never pick one (i'm a top 10 guy), but i love this thread and i will own every album on it that i don't have already.  someone's favorite album is nothing to sneeze at!  i now have spock's beard...not my thing but i suspect a couple listens shall reward

i'm going to go with emotion and history for my submission and say Nirvana, Nevermind
for raw play time my computer tells me Third Eye Foundation, Ghost

Oct 10, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #119 of 205
At the moment it has to be James Hills's Man With a Love Song. It shows off just how the ukulele should sound. 

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #120 of 205
I'm never gonna get tired of this masterpiece:

The Doors - The Doors (1967)

But for the moment, these ones are being played a lot:

Black Marble - A Different Arrangement (2012) Beach House - Bloom (2012)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back