Your “Must Replace if Breaks” Gear?
Aug 23, 2019 at 9:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ruthieandjohn

Stumbling towards enlightenment
(Formerly known as kayandjohn.)
I have over 50 headphones, amps, DACs, and DAPs, but there are only a few that, if I lost or broke them, I would immediately replace, placing their replacement ahead of planned acquisition of any new or improved gear.

My “Must Replace If Breaks” list includes:
  • AKG K3003i IEMs
  • LoToo PAW Gold DAP
  • Sennheiser HD800 headphones with HDVD800 DAC/amp
  • Grado RS2e headphones
  • Chord Hugo.
What are your “Must Replace If Breaks” items?

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #2 of 13
Mine would be the Cayin n8. Nothing sounds better than it.
Fostex th900 and my favourite headphones to go with it.
Iems would probably be Sony ex1000

Aug 24, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #3 of 13
I have over 50 headphones, amps, DACs, and DAPs, but there are only a few that, if I lost or broke them, I would immediately replace, placing their replacement ahead of planned acquisition of any new or improved gear.

My “Must Replace If Breaks” list includes:
  • AKG K3003i IEMs
  • LoToo PAW Gold DAP
  • Sennheiser HD800 headphones with HDVD800 DAC/amp
  • Grado RS2e headphones
  • Chord Hugo.
What are your “Must Replace If Breaks” items?
Matter of interest why those grados over all the others?

Aug 24, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #5 of 13
Gotta be the ER4SR... I'd be super sad if my Acoustune 1670SS breaks, I'll try to have it repaired if at all possible, but I don't think I can do without the ER4SR.
Er4sr are brilliant for hearing music exactly how it's supposed to be heard. Good choice

Aug 24, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #6 of 13
Mine would be my Audiosense T800, which I use for stage monitoring and casual music listening. I know it is midfi price but it is my most detailed IEM so far, so once I tasted good stuff for stage monitoring, there is no way to downgrade IMHO.

Aug 24, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #8 of 13
Keeping this simple. Mine would be K1000 and HD800. D9200 is another possibility since in my living area, a nice closed HP/IEM is a must have. I would include a dap too but there are so many to choose from now that most will do but probably the DX220 or N6ii would be at the top of my list there. I would love to try the Cayin N8 but just a little too steep for me at this time.

Aug 24, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #9 of 13
Matter of interest why those grados over all the others?
In comparing my two dozen on-ear Grados, I found that the RS2e, along with the limited-edition GH2, sounds the best to me (and better than nearly all the over ear Grados). Furthermore, I love the light weight and small size of the wooden Grados.

Aug 24, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #10 of 13
I've pretty much sold all my gear except my Audeze Mobius and qdc Neptune. I'd replace them both as I don't know of anything else that has such a high performance to price ratio.

Aug 26, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #13 of 13
The Earstudio Es100 is so small that I've literally lost it somewhere in my house - I've turned the place upside down, and can't find it. I bought it again, and if I lost that one - I'd buy another one, it's that awesome and convenient.

In addition to that, it'd be the Questyle CMA600i - it's just the perfect DAC/amp solution for me - it sounds killer, and can drive anything. Also, while they're not my most expensive or sentimental cans, the Beyerdynamic DT1770's are just so damn practical, and great sounding. I use them while I travel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back