1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You Vote and I'll Buy - HD25 or Ety 4p?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by donaldekelly, Apr 3, 2005.
  1. donaldekelly Contributor
    Depending on which thread I read it is clear that the HD25 sounds better than the Ety 4p. Or the other way around.

I already asked for a UM2 vs. Ety smackdown and it was a draw.

How about this match - for sound only.

Thanks

2. episiarch Contributor
    Will you be amping them, and what aspects of sound quality do you care about?

3. donaldekelly Contributor
    Good questions

Yes - I can be talked into an amp, but don't have one yet. So, count in a small amp.

And, I think I treasure treble a little more than bass - but want the bass too. I kind of categorize sound into three areas: good bass (defined, extended) mids (clear and pleasing) and high tones (detailed and extended as well).

I don't know that I have ever heard good soundstage - so I don't know what it is. I want reasonable isolation, but don't need the best isolation.

I should have put the Westone UM2s in there as well. I think I might slightly prefer them over the Ety ER-4Ps. But they are more expensive - so a longer wait for me to get if I stay on budget.

4. episiarch Contributor
    For sound only, I'm voting ER-4P.

But for "popularity" you can't go wrong with HD25: pretty much everybody likes it (to differing degrees), while ER-4P has both partisans and detractors. I'm only guessing, but I'm tempted to think that if you later decided to sell, you would resell HD25 at less of a loss than ER-4P.

Personally I use ER-4S for my audiophile listening, and HD25 at work because it's easier to put on / take off when I'm interrupted. I like the ER-4P in a lot of ways, but its tonal balance just doesn't sound correct to me, so I always use the 4P->4S adaptor.