"You should try them and decide yourself"
Apr 2, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:
The requests are so specific sometimes you just want to slap the person who posted it.

"Hey, I'm a skateboarder in Simi Valley. What's a good headphone for listening to dubstep while I daydream about smashing pinatas containing mars bars and hershey's kisses in 78 degree heat? Oh, and sometimes I listen to natalie merchant, too. Thanks."

That, or they're too stupid to realize they can buy ONE GREAT PAIR FOR NEXT TO NOTHING AND BE DONE WITH IT (koss portapro) and instead buy ten pairs of $180 headphones which they wind up hating, and which leads them to invest another $2,000 in dubious upgrades, ie amps, mods and even more expensive headphones. 

sadly i think im guilty of this myself. i think some of it has to do with the location of people (not being near stores where you can audition cans etc). What i do like to see is say people who suggest "listen to it yourself" and suggest somewhere (like uh.. an apple store for ue 6000) to try them. Much more helpful then leaving it stray.

May 5, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #17 of 17
I think that's the true problem with people saying this phrase. How many people actually have the ability to go and try out these headphones? If we did, we wouldn't be on here asking. It would be better and even more polite to point out that we don't have the ability to help that head-fier as it stands, as the taste for headphones is too polarizing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back