you say chicago, I say meet
May 25, 2004 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

bhd812

Headphoneus Supremus
talked to my parents today and their place is a go.

OMG im so excited...lol my first mini/meet.

I have no clue what to do, but as long a atleast 3 people come (1 being myself) then ill be happy..lol

i'm looking at the end of july-ish, or whatever is good for all of you

rs1smile.gif
ok i go p.m. tuberoller...so i guess lets just get who is looking to join and some nice dates towards the end of july---ish

May 26, 2004 at 2:01 AM Post #3 of 13
I'd be able to come by if the meet were in late August, but I'll still be on the east coast in July. Do have fun even if I can't make it.
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2004 at 3:25 AM Post #5 of 13
The end of July would be great!! If I'm back in town by then, I'll definitely be there- and I should have my Supra 6cg7 with the tube-rectified power supply by then!!

May 26, 2004 at 4:39 AM Post #7 of 13
You know I'm in.
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2004 at 5:12 AM Post #8 of 13
Hey there,

We should do a mini-meet just to get aquainted to new faces before a full blown meet. I'm thinkin' another of our small get togethers at Ray's house sounds cool. I'm laid up for the next two weeks but I'm in on any plans you guys come up with and of course I'll help in any way I can.

May 26, 2004 at 5:40 AM Post #9 of 13
If I'm still in Chicago (end of July? won't be, unless I make a special trip--which could be arranged, I can chill with friends living in Hyde Park anyway) I'd like to come, especially as I missed the last meet.

May 26, 2004 at 5:41 AM Post #10 of 13
whats the difference in mini and full blown, as long as we get to talk and hang out im happy.

the place i got, is pretty big for any headphone meet
i think its hold 40-50 people legally. so there alot of room to do some real time listening without having someone trip over you.

I dont care if we have a boat load of gear, or just some of our portable stuff.

I will bring my starbucks barista espresso machine, and I got a major hook up for all the beans. so we can have cappacino's and latte's and espresso all we want.

I was thinking of making this a different type of meet, heres my idea..

ok I think the DIY part of our hobby is the most inportant, and the best rewarding. I think (or hope) alot of people would love to get in on it, but if they are like me they dont learn from just reading, they learn alot more from being shown or talked to. like when I talked to ray for the 10mins I did at the last meet I learned more about the inside of amps and cdp's then I did on the 6 months I have been on headfi plus all the reading and research I did to.

what I'm getting at issort of like a "DIY seminar" type thing.
i dont wanna blow my load just yet but I think if it had enough interest and willing people to teach then it might just be a go.

let everyone know your ideas..i guess
once I get a period of time people would be able to make it then ill set a date then well se if ill contact any gear providers.
of course ray, todd r and ill call up ttvj to come to, but not really to bring their gear but just join in and b/s...hey guys i make one hell of a cappacino.

keep letting me know ur thoughts about it...thank you all......this is better then my first headphone bliss I had

oh by the way my 325's are at grado labs being autographed by John himself...I am a dork but man ...thank you all

May 26, 2004 at 6:05 AM Post #11 of 13
I'm so glad to see you planning a meet. You can count me in for sure and I'll do whatever I can to help as well. Get some solid plans going and let us all know. Your plans so far sound good but setting a date is the most important thing you can do right now. You set the date and let everyone plan around it. Gear should not be a problem and since you are a new face I'm sure we'll get more new faces showing up to attend a meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back