You MUST buy The Dragons of Eden by Buckethead and Travis Dickerson RIGHT NOW
Nov 19, 2008 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

LingLing1337

CAUTION INCOMPLETE TRADES
Honestly in the top 3 Buckethead albums, and the top 4 albums I've listened to. Such a beautiful blend of Buckethead's absolute mastery of the electric guitar, Travis Dickerson's excellent keyboarding, and occasionally, Cameron Stone's cello. Absolutely wonderful. All personnel on the album work in total synergy. It's almost in the style of Population Override, with a larger emphasis on the keyboard than on many other albums of Buckethead's- however, it's still totally different. It's hard for me to find words to correctly describe this album. You can buy it at travisdickersonmusic.com. If you only make one purchase this month, or even this year, make it this one!

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #3 of 9
I just listened to a hand full of samples on youtube, Like a lot of Buckethead's CDs it's not great enough to buy imo.

Nov 21, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #5 of 9
I wrote imo there for a reason
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #6 of 9
I'm all over it - thanks for the heads up

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #7 of 9
I have heard it, not a bad album and might be worth getting, but not exactly a must buy like Population Override. It sounds more like a giant jam session than a compelling album that tells a story. Like Population Override. Buckethead has done better.

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard it, not a bad album and might be worth getting, but not exactly a must buy like Population Override. It sounds more like a giant jam session than a compelling album that tells a story. Like Population Override. Buckethead has done better.

Maybe I was a little excited when I wrote that post. I will agree that Population Override and Crime Slunk Scene are better by small margins, just because they are unmistakable Buckethead albums. However, I will still argue that it is a top 5 album, and a must-buy.

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmurray /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This man speaks the truth. BTW have you listened to "Thanatopsis - Axiology"? I think it's even greater than Dragons.

Yes, I have. I would agree with you on that statement, but I can't really call it a Buckethead album (even though it does contain all of the usual suspects
smily_headphones1.gif
)

BTW, any real Buckethead fans out there should pick up "I Need 5 Minutes Alone" by Pieces. It's Buckethead and Brain. Pretty experimental (Buckethead sings!) but it's got some real winners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back