You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 25, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #5,224 of 6,356
Quote:
The lower you start the better. Makes you appreciate each upgrade even more IMO

also depnds on the budget, maybe $50 -> $200 -> $500 -> $1500 should be a good path to take (i think), (so it means im only at ~lvl2 in my journey 
rolleyes.gif

but then again it will be different from person to person and from budget to budget, too many steps and total amount of money spend would be more, and too few steps and the listener may not be able to appreciate the improvements, so it just has to be a balance.

Dec 25, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #5,227 of 6,356
You know you are an Audiophile when you are reading this on Christmas!

Merry Christmas Head-fi!

Dec 25, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #5,229 of 6,356
Same to you as well, Pelli!

You know you're an audiophile when instead of spending the day with the family you're in your room, listening to the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto, and posting in this thread.

(Okay, so that's not entirely fair, since nobody's here yet. There's no way in hell I'd be allowed to do this if they were).

Dec 25, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #5,230 of 6,356
Quote:
also depnds on the budget, maybe $50 -> $200 -> $500 -> $1500 should be a good path to take (i think), (so it means im only at ~lvl2 in my journey 
rolleyes.gif

but then again it will be different from person to person and from budget to budget, too many steps and total amount of money spend would be more, and too few steps and the listener may not be able to appreciate the improvements, so it just has to be a balance.

I'm more going along the "if it's interesting and I can afford it" I'll probably get one. Not good for my wallet.

Dec 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #5,231 of 6,356
Quote:
Same to you as well, Pelli!

You know you're an audiophile when instead of spending the day with the family you're in your room, listening to the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto, and posting in this thread.

(Okay, so that's not entirely fair, since nobody's here yet. There's no way in hell I'd be allowed to do this if they were).

Playing BF3 and listening to my HD600s. Got a 1/4 adaptor for them thats the only gift I've used so far haha

Dec 25, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #5,232 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
The lower you start the better. Makes you appreciate each upgrade even more IMO

rolleyes.gif

I'm at step three. I think thats a great step list. I was actually thinking about this today. I'm going to a Senn HD800 or Magnum V4 Grado's next Christmas! (I hope) Would have to save up every last penny to get it. 

Dec 25, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #5,233 of 6,356
When you spend Christmas wishing your family would leave you alone so you could listen to music...
or spend Christmas lamenting how your family doesn't understand your addiction and won't buy you nice headphones for x-mas.

Dec 25, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #5,234 of 6,356
Quote:
When you spend Christmas wishing your family would leave you alone so you could listen to music...
or spend Christmas lamenting how your family doesn't understand your addiction and won't buy you nice headphones for x-mas.

That sucks man xD

Dec 25, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #5,235 of 6,356
when you draw this out just to wish head-fi a very happy merry christmas
i know but i'm late by a little but...

M
erry Christmas!
biggrin.gif
 (happy headphone ID'ing too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back