You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #4,742 of 6,356
Quote:
When you let the general manager of the only Grado distributor in the country listen to the Audez'e LCD-3 and laugh at his reaction to how awesome they sound.

That had to be quite a departure from the usual Grado sound signature for him. Bright and colored versus warmish neutral and uncolored.

Nov 30, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #4,743 of 6,356
Quote:

That had to be quite a departure from the usual Grado sound signature for him. Bright and colored versus warmish neutral and uncolored.

Dark too, don't forget.

He loved it though.

Nov 30, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #4,744 of 6,356
Quote:
IIRC, there is no audible difference between those two.

... You missed the point of that, OFC there's no differance, 

You know you an audiophile when you realize, lossess is maybe 10% better than lossy [if your rig can let you hear it] and 96/24 is only about 5% better then 16/44.1  and that's only if you can trick your brain into hearing it ;3

Hence is why your "trick" your self to thinking there is :D, and in reality while technically there isn't a differance... the sheer joy of playing a 96/24 lossless song just brings me so much joy! An that extra "joy" makes the music more enjoyable... because I'm an AUDIOPHILE [get the joke xD] 

Your know your an audiophile when you waste time explaining for failed Audiophile jokes to other Audiophiles <3

Nov 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #4,745 of 6,356
Quote:
...When your mother gifts you a shower curtain because "(she) knew you'd like it because it had headphones on it!"

So Head-Fi, please help me determine which headphones are on my shower curtain.

I think they look pretty close to these ones by Pioneer:
pioneer-hdj-1000-professional-dj-headphones_NNuei_48.jpg

Nov 30, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #4,746 of 6,356
Quote:

I think they look pretty close to these ones by Pioneer:
pioneer-hdj-1000-professional-dj-headphones_NNuei_48.jpg

that's exactly what i thought too, its just slightly mismatched at the top of the earcups though (oh well, could be artist's mistake anyway)

Nov 30, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #4,747 of 6,356
Quote:
that's exactly what i thought too, its just slightly mismatched at the top of the earcups though (oh well, could be artist's mistake anyway)

Or the artist's way of not getting sued.

Nov 30, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #4,748 of 6,356
Nov 30, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #4,749 of 6,356
Quote:
@miceblue
Good on you for taking it, and thanks for posting a pretty good how-to.
Your 7/10 is actually a statistical fail. Next time try to do 15 iterations - the more you do, the better the results bear out. Ideally, to prove you weren't guessing, you need to get under 5% (pretty hard to do when you get 15 iterations - for most of us impossible at aac256 which is pretty much transparent).
Also - try it with the "hide results" box checked. Then its a true blind.

Yeah I would have done more than 10, but the video was getting kind of long, and as boring as it is I don't think very many people would care. I would have also checked the "hide your results" box, but the video was meant to demonstrate what the ABX test is.
also, blind tests are illegal to speak of here >.>

Quote:
You know you an audiophile when you realize, lossess is maybe 10% better than lossy [if your rig can let you hear it] and 96/24 is only about 5% better then 16/44.1  and that's only if you can trick your brain into hearing it ;3

I don't buy into the whole "HD" music stuff either. It certainly sounds good, but how much better is it to your ears than 16/44.1?
^ so maybe you're a die-hard audiophile if you do believe in that stuff. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back