You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #4,561 of 6,356
When you decided to trade in a new Nokia phone because it does not play lossless formats! (The specs said it does!) 

I also tried telling the difference between 320k and Lossless. 9/10 for Rock 7/9 for classical 7/10 for Jpop 5/10 for Jazz. My original hypothesis was that some genres are much more easier to tell than other genres. 
For me, I could easily tell between rock pieces by listening to the impact of the drums and the bass guitar details, but I can't tell any difference between jazz pieces. Gonna make my friend try this and see his results.

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #4,562 of 6,356
Quote:
When metal suddenly becomes meditative as you try to find order within the chaos

I cried when I listened to Gojira again. Epiphany reached!

You know you're an audiophile when you heat up a tube amp before a meeting so when you get back its in perfect shape :)

Nov 21, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #4,563 of 6,356
Quote:

I cried when I listened to Gojira again. Epiphany reached!

You know you're an audiophile when you heat up a tube amp before a meeting so when you get back its in perfect shape :)

Gojira is truly a nice band. IMO they are one of the somewhat rare metal bands really making art. Especially 'The way of all flesh' is a good album with a great balance between feelings and technicality.

Nov 21, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #4,564 of 6,356
When like me you won't play a single file format except uncompressed WAV-Files and you just can't stop looking for another headphone even though you thought the last ones you got are the best in the world. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #4,567 of 6,356
Quote:
When like me you won't play a single file format except uncompressed WAV-Files and you just can't stop looking for another headphone even though you thought the last ones you got are the best in the world. 

I hope you realise that .flac is basically equivalent to a zipped/rarred .wav?

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #4,568 of 6,356
when you want to get rid of all your side burn because they interfere with your large headphones
tongue.gif

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #4,569 of 6,356
Quote:
Make sure to leave a note explaining what it is!
Otherwise they'll think it's a bomb xD

Just pack each component in a separate corner of your suitcase... all rubberbanded together can look a little suspicious indeed...

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #4,570 of 6,356
Quote:

Just pack each component in a separate corner of your suitcase... all rubberbanded together can look a little suspicious indeed...

maybe they will suspect that you will assemble it on the plane like a bomb then:p
(okay i know i had seen too many movies)

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #4,571 of 6,356
Quote:
when you want to get rid of all your side burn because they interfere with your large headphones
tongue.gif

Did that just yesterday. Had half a year's worth of hair growth hacked off at the barber shop and had the sideburns trimmed. Now all my headphones fit slightly differently and my hair isn't getting in the way anymore.

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #4,572 of 6,356
you know you're an audiophile when:
you break into a friends house and convert all their files to lossless and put it onto their ipod.

when you buy grado sr80, take out the drivers, break into your friends house and replace the drivers from their beats studio with the transistors from the sr80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back