You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #3,452 of 6,356
I went to see Eric Sardinas play the other night and buy his latest on vinyl.
I don't even own a record player...

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #3,454 of 6,356
When you're late for school everyday because in the morning you're checking the head-fi threads you posted in and end up browsing this forum until you're way out of time....

On that note: gtg

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #3,457 of 6,356
When you buy a new pair of headphones every month... when you can't really afford to ...     
darthsmile.gif
<----

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #3,459 of 6,356
Quote:
When you search for hours on internet in attempt to find lossless version of your favorite song.
So sad when you can't though
frown.gif

Or when you search long enough to realize that no lossless version ever existed. Happens sometimes with EDM and live DJ recordings 
frown.gif

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #3,460 of 6,356
When your wife casually mentions that her crappy earbuds are not very comfortable in her ears, and she wants to go shopping for some new ones, and you get totally excited because FINALLY she'll have something decent, and appreciate what decent earphones/headphones sound like, but then she makes some casual reference to Skull Candy, and she says "Oh I know you love your headphones, but I'm just going to go to Future Shop and pick something up", and you feel ill at the thought that the love of your life is going to be listening to music on **** earphones, and she won't let you pick her out something decent.

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #3,461 of 6,356
When you are extremely hungry in the middle of the city and decide not to get anything to eat and eat at the parents' house, because you're broke to the bone after buying new expensive headphones...

Sep 28, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #3,463 of 6,356
when you finally do have enough money for some new iems, but instead of just buying a pair you can afford, you spend about a month trawling the internet for a second hand pair of the particular ones you want, then end up paying international shipping on them and overspending anyway

Sep 28, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #3,464 of 6,356
Quote:
when you finally do have enough money for some new iems, but instead of just buying a pair you can afford, you spend about a month trawling the internet for a second hand pair of the particular ones you want, then end up paying international shipping on them and overspending anyway

thats not audiophile IMO, thats dumb :p

Sep 28, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #3,465 of 6,356
Quote:
You know when you're an audiophile when the 30hz square wave response makes you burst out laughing.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/WalMartThreeDollarBuds.pdf

Anyone?

For comparison
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD2.pdf

You know you're not an audiophile when you have no idea what the hell you're looking at when you see those charts.

I'm an audiophile and have no idea what the graphs mean.

Problem?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back