1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324
326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335
Next

Last
  1. DefQon
    Quote:
    I'm talking about this website, the very threads we have here on this forum, don't twist my word's around of what I'm actually saying using it in your argument. I don't care how different it is to Head-fi, you originally complained about saying it is unfair that a closed headphone shouldn't be compared to an open one and the closed one was favoured more, this happens a lot here on head-fi, in threads written by some contributors and I'm not going to name them, use the search function yourself and of course general users that post their a/b comparison's opinions etc.

Quote:
    If it was another closed headphone for example the ATH-M50's, M80's or M100's vs HD650 would you have responded in the same way?

Quote:
    Not directed at you but fanboy's need to be corrected of ill information and ridiculous posts sometimes and these people should not make posts from their own opinion that in a way they as if  speaking for the rest of us.

Quote:
    Keep riding that bandwagon because it's getting you nowhere.
    Quote:
    Well said. +1.

2. davidsh
    Quote:
    Well, the general consensus here on head-fi is that beats sux...

The people who writes threads on this forum do, as far as i know, not make money on sharing their opinions, thats the difference!!! Whilst they don't, I don't care what their opinions are, and what they are comparing.

3. Parall3l

Wait, you do realize that a contributor is the same as any other Head-Fi'er right? They just paid to support the site but when it was possible

4. DefQon
    Quote:
    Contributors are generally people who've been on these board's for a very long time and have provided a lot of reviews and information or contribution in some way of making this forum what it is now. I don't know about paying or not you will need to confirm with Jude on that one.

5. DefQon
    Quote:
    Yet it doesn't need to be posted and repeated in all the other 1x10^99999...threads.

6. davidsh
    Quote:
    Wel, we won't risk any new members buying them [​IMG]

7. The Frenchy

Oh you bought a expensive pair of Beats and it's hard to think about it again and again, i understand :frowning2:

8. DefQon
    Quote:
    I don't own a Beats.

9. BBBS
    I have a feeling that some people put one side on and stretch the headphones over and around their head to some degree, instead of sliding them on. If there's any chance of them breaking, the former method will certainly not help.

Coming to that, I'm the clumsiest man on Planet Clumsy, yet I don't break stuff. I have worked with guys who can destroy the most mundane crap without realising it, tho.

10. Mshenay Contributor
    Quote:

You know your an audiophile when you realize that different headphones suit different music types <3

On that note you know your an audiophile when you break free of Sony's hold on you! [Going with Byer Dt 770 Pro 80, over Xb1000 after many months of mental debate...]

11. VisceriousZERO
    When you have a portable rig that looks like a bomb.

12. Doc-holliday

Yes. Head fi has never published an article comparing them to an open back audiophile Hp either. Again an article published by website employees is entirely different to random joe making a post.

13. BBBS
    do like. ofc a true audiophile would be prepared to have a bomb for a portable rig, so long as it sounded good

14. Mshenay Contributor
    Quote:
    Lawl, indeed. I have a pretty big Portalbe rig... it does fit inside the Byer Headphone Case though so :D I'm happy! [cans dap, and amp AND cords AND a little box that holds my SD cards!] 

15. miceblue
    ...when you spend ~$85 on so-called "HD music". Why didn't I just buy the regular CD-quality albums.... T_T

First

Back
315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324
326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335
Next

Last