You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #4,486 of 6,356
Quote:
there's "can" vs "well"
They can be driven, but not well driven.

Ah, I love the HD800's. I can't listen to my Sr80i's the same way again
mad.gif

Nov 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #4,487 of 6,356
Quote:
<quote barrage snip>

$700?
I'm not a fan of Beyer tbh.
Not even sure about AT but carrying the HD800 around is a bit annoying especially in the winter.

The DT1350 isn't much like the rest of Beyerdynamics offerings. Look up some reviews if you're interested.

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #4,489 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
When you are still a kid but your parents get YOUR audio hand me downs

this
biggrin.gif

Heh, does it make me greedy if I don't want to give up any of my cans? 
tongue.gif

Though I did let my brother use my M50s for a while.

You know you're an audiophile when you let your brother use your headphones but then take them back because he wasn't taking proper care of the coiled cable. When I saw my M50's cable all stretched out and wrapped carelessly around the headphone I absolutely flipped out.

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #4,490 of 6,356
Quote:
Heh, does it make me greedy if I don't want to give up any of my cans? 
tongue.gif

Though I did let my brother use my M50s for a while.

You know you're an audiophile when you let your brother use your headphones but then take them back because he wasn't taking proper care of the coiled cable. When I saw my M50's cable all stretched out and wrapped carelessly around the headphone I absolutely flipped out.

well it was the HD202 that had been replaced by the HD558 that i handed down to my momXD so in that sense no you are not greedy
tongue.gif

and yeah i can understand that feeling
redface.gif

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #4,491 of 6,356
Quote:
My brother today used the Shure 1840's with his iPhone at this audio store I went to.. But the employee recommended it. Can they be driven out of a iPhone? Also, he said they were just a bit better than he Sennheiser HD449's
eek.gif

Quote:
there's "can" vs "well"
They can be driven, but not well driven.

How easily a headphone is driven depends on 3 things.
1. Impedance
2.Impedance curve
3. Sensitivity

Easily driven headphones have a flat impedance curve, an impedance of about 32ohms, and a high dB/mW rating. Headphones with a widely varying impedance will have an altered frequency response on anything with an output impedance that is greater than 1/8th of the headphones impedance. Take ety's for example. pretty much anything can drive them to listenable volumes, but they will sound vastly better on a near zero output impedance amp vs anything else due to their varying impedance in the high frequencies and the fact they have a low impedance themselves. Considering the 1840's have a widely varying impedance, low dB/mW rating, and a high nominal impedance, they really need an amp if you want them to sound the way they were designed to sound.

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #4,493 of 6,356
Quote:
Ah, I love the HD800's. I can't listen to my Sr80i's the same way again
mad.gif

i cant agree with this any more than i can now!

after Sennheiser set up a listening center/kiosk stage exclusively in one of my local malls for the thing they're doing.

of course i had to listen to those shiny matte HD800's hanging in their Listening "podcenters" and being the SR80i's one of my fav models in my collection, i cannot enjoy them like i used to.. even though i still love their sound.

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #4,494 of 6,356
i cant agree with this any more than i can now!

after Sennheiser set up a listening center/kiosk stage exclusively in one of my local malls for the thing they're doing.

of course i had to listen to those shiny matte HD800's hanging in their Listening "podcenters" and being the SR80i's one of my fav models in my collection, i cannot enjoy them like i used to.. even though i still love their sound.
Its bugging me so much!

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #4,495 of 6,356
i let my brother use my westone 4 and he took them off and then hit the side plastic median cup holder in his car... my face O.O i told him don't carelessly take them off like they are a cheap ibud. be gentle...

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #4,496 of 6,356
Ahhhh. One of my friends grabbed my old ER6i and held one like an inch from his ear before declaring they're **** and his knock-off Chinese Sony with like massive EQing were better. Later he told me super.fi 5 pro look cheap.

Honest to god, this pissed me more than it should have, so I stopped letting him touch my music stuff...which was OK for both of us since he liked ****ty novelty music and soft rock. Honest to god, who listens to Lady in Red on some ****ty autoplay station? he was only in his 20s too. And he'd bitch at stuff like De La Soul for being weird.

ahhhhhh

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #4,497 of 6,356
When you polish the shiny aluminum badges on your new headphones every 5 minutes...

<3

Nov 18, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #4,499 of 6,356
Quote:
...when you're at a concert and the guy next to you says he's a DJ, so you ask him what headphones he uses and he says he uses Sennheiser HD280's and tells you to stay far away from Beats Audio products. XD

Awesome xD

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #4,500 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when your at an audio store and your bro is trying the Shure 1840's listening to some Pink Floyd song and he says that he noticed a small part in the beginning of the song he couldn't hear with his Senn HD449. He said he wouldn't buy them though and I said What?? Isn't that so awesome you can hear a new part of the song?? And he said he didn't really care
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back