1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270
272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281
Next

Last
  1. streetdragon
    you know you are an audiophile when you only want bass to support your music but not too much that is drowns out everything else

2. Malevolent
    Quote:

Well, I am an out-and-out basshead, and I don't mind mixing cans with lots of mid-bass with those that deliver a good sub-bass-focused experience.

I know many friends who simply love bass, but they really cannot tell the difference between lots of bass, and really muddy bass. They think a congested sound presents a fuller, richer sound. It's really difficult to appreciate the positive aspects of a comparatively good headphone if you've never had loads of experience with one before. Case in point - I had a friend mention how good my JVC HA-M5X sound. To be honest, they were just huge bass cannons, and presented little except a wall of bass. Mid-range and treble were MIA, but it does sound meatier than say a more analytical can. I guess that's what the majority of the people hear.

Quote:

By definition alone, I may not be a true blue audiophile, since the pursuit of great, balanced quality is still secondary to obtaining good to great bass in my cans. I may be an educated bass lover, but I'm still just a basshead at the end of the day. A real happy one, at that! [​IMG]

3. William007
    ... When you can name 10 headphone brands out of your head :)

4. Malevolent
    Quote:

In some ways, I would agree, and my wife-to-be would actually be in perfect agreement with you, since she feels a simple, matching pair would suffice.

Still, I treasure the symbolic reasoning behind purchasing a pair of beautiful rings. I guess I'm a little bit old-fashioned in that sense, but I do concur that, at the end of the day, it is the union of 2 loving persons that is really all that's important - ring or no ring.

This thread kinda deviated, huh? [​IMG]

5. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

Yeah, sorry about that. I do seem to derail them, don't I? [​IMG]

I'm glad you guys don't think I'm nuts with that whole thing. I've told this to a few people (in real life) and they looked at me kind of funny, with that sort of knowing smile that says, "Yeah, tell a girl that and see if she doesn't dump you for the football captain."

Back on topic, you know you're an audiophile when this is your 1,000th post on Head-Fi! W00t!

6. RUMAY408
    Ring and wedding day costs are inversly proportional to marraige happiness.  But,
    Headphone costs are directly proportional to lifetime happiness. 

7. DGriff0400
    when you think about equalizing life

8. kazaakas
    Quote:

This so made my day

9. takato14
    Quote:
    AKG, Sennheiser, Grado, Audio Technica, Koss, Pioneer, Beyerdynamic, Ultrasone, Bose(ew), Skullcandy(ew)

Waited as long as possible to resort to the 'ew' brands [​IMG]

10. William007
    I'll try now
    Audeze, stax, fisher amps, bowers&wilkins, denon, phillips, sony, shure, ultimate ears and V-Moda :) 10 different ones :p

11. streetdragon
    alright its my turn[​IMG]
    Alessandro,Stax,Grado,Shure,Sennheiser,Final Audio,Jays,Hippo,Sony,Audio Technica

12. snapple10
    when you hear music  and wonder what it will sound like on your set at home

13. LinkPro
    ...when you hear a baby crying and think: "too bass shy, congested midrange and overly harsh, sibilant treble".

14. linglingjr
    Quote:
    I lol'ed

when you you plug in your music to a pioneer receiver your dad has wired to two sony speakers from the 80s (2 subs, 2 woofers, two tweeters) and you cant listen to them for more than 5 minutes because there is literally almost no tremble or lower bass extension.   I'm so disappointed, they looked all nice and pretty when I first noticed them but they just sound god awful.  

15. streetdragon
    when you hear thunder and say to your freinds:
    i wish my headphones had that kind of subbass....

First

Back
261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270
272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281
Next

Last