1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269
271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280
Next

Last
  1. GL1TCH3D

For the most part this makes perfect sense.
    I think part of the reason people get an expensive ring is because that seems to be the norm now.
    Another part I find is that it might show commitment to the relationship for some people.

2. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

I think this is probably true. Suppose everybody else gets the expensive engagement ring and you're the odd one out. How does that make you feel? Also, I guess there's a lot of stuff that can get said without using any words at all, so if all you've got is a gold band, if you're a girl maybe your friends think your husband is cheap or not even committed enough to buy you a rock.

Incidentally, I've always wanted a ring with a cat's eye Alexandrite. I haven't looked at prices in a while, but when last I looked you probably could have gotten any one of the vast majority of the top headphones in the world for cheaper than a fine specimen of this stuff, especially if you're looking for one that's chatoyant.

You know you're an audiophile when you think of the price of expensive things in terms of which headphones you could get with the money.

3. VisceriousZERO
    Quote:
    Which is why you use an expensive but not equally useless headphones!

4. audiocool
    ...when you give someone special an hd650, and then you get furious when you found out she's not using it because she bought a beats studio, and her hd650 is just lying around somewhere gathering dust. Grrrrr! 

5. miceblue
    Quote:

The HD650's have no sex appeal. Given the choice between the HD650 and Studio's, I would pick the Studio's if I didn't know anything about how they sounded.

6. Pr0fessiona1
    Pfft if i saw a girl wearing hd650's she would be way sexier than if she was wearing beats, in fact im turned off when a girl wears beats.

7. streetdragon
    HD650 does look kind of classy i feel, the beats look kind of overdone

8. William007
    Beats are ugly, hd650/600 look good :)

9. Mactire
    You know when you are an audiophile when people on the train curiously watch you boot you mobile music device, amp, and headphones. And you can almost hear them thinking "That's no bomb is it?" at the sight of all the wires and blinking lights...

10. DGriff0400
    lol i think therell be an issue if she sees the price of your rig compared to the price of the wedding ring

11. VisceriousZERO
    Quote:
    Heck that's what my girlfriend said to me.

12. keppa
    You know you're audiophile when the whole time you're listening to music at someones place you're oggling for their audio equipment in disgust or admiration. If latter then you usually have a starter for a conversation...

13. takato14
    when someone stops you to ask you about your headphones (SE-700) and you think they might be an audiophile...

...then the only thing they ask about is the bass and you just stare at them and leave.

14. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

Yeah, bass is what most people are concerned about since it's usually novel for them. Sadly, even for people with those XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXtra SuperUltra MegaBass eXXXXXXtreme mini systems or Beats or lower end Skullcandy headphones real bass is novel. They get the hyped upper- and midbass, all right, but real subbass extension is quite rare. Neither of my headphones has stellar extension, but they both have more than most consumer class equipment.

You know you're an audiophile when you know the difference between subbass, midbass, and upper bass.

15. yepimonfire
    Quote:
    you know you're an audiophile when you finally realize having a lot of bass is over rated. you know you're an audiophile when you realize that quality bass sounds better than quantity bass.

First

Back
260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269
271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280
Next

Last