You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #4,022 of 6,356
You know your in an audiophile forum when the thread can never stick to its original intent lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

True dat, homie :D
Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

Oct 28, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #4,023 of 6,356
Quote:
When you're not willing to eat your crisps/cookies/snacks in front of the computer simply because you don't want to disturb your listening session with your own munching sounds or pause your music for a few seconds, even though you've been listening to it all day :)

xD I think we all do that, but u might be the first to come out and say it <3
Quote:

"Mid-fi" is a term invented by those wealthy enough (or foolish enough, depending on the model) to buy super top tier headphones and who need to feel that this somehow puts them in a class above everybody else. It's a nonsense term, especially when things like the HD6x0/K70x/DT880, which were once unimpeachably hi-fi, have now been "demoted" a rung. Nobody with a straight face can tell you that any of the $1,000+ headphones are fully >$1,000 better than the best models in the so-called mid-fi range, and most people are very honest about that and admit that they're not. Not saying it's not worth it to eke out that last bit of performance or to buy something well made and stylish, but audio is always a slippery slope. The distance between "mid-fi" and hi-fi is far smaller than the distance between lo-fi and "mid-fi."

The way most people seem to use the term these days it's more to delineate price range than quality, but you'll get the occasional snobiophile (as Doc likes to put it 
smile.gif
 ) who will say that mid-fi is crap. Haven't actually seen one of those in a while, though, so maybe that attitude is waning.

EDIT: Clarity

... it might be that the differeance [imo is] with Amping. Mid-fi easier to amp than Hi-fi. Which brings me to amping 250 and 600 ohm dt 880s... 250s r easy enough 600s r a pain same can different impedance $100 price differance yet as much as I like my Dt 880 pro 250s, I'm going to drop about $650 dollars on an amp and DAC when I get my Dt 880 600's Next spring so FOR me that's the differeance bewtween mid and Hi fi... maybe not the can so much as what you need to drive and feed le can xD

But GOOD NEWS, you know your an Audiophile when as SOON as you find out your getting a job at $10 an hour, you figure out how long it will take you to save up for the $1800 in audio gear you got ur eye's on <3, while ALSO factoring in the payin of le bills... which means it's gonna take a while :D

Oct 28, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #4,024 of 6,356
When while on vacation what you miss the most from home is your desktop rig 
cool.gif

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #4,025 of 6,356
Quote:
When while on vacation what you miss the most from home is your desktop rig 
cool.gif

Yea well I'm looking to get a new Amp for my Portable Dt 880s and I got my T2.1 BASS TO FACE portable set up confirmed! it's going to replace my zune. More on it later 

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #4,026 of 6,356
*fistbump!*
when you go to a electronic music concert and complain about the midbass hump in the sound system
tongue.gif

stating that an eq should be applied to tone down the 120 hz range and increase 60hz

Oct 29, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #4,027 of 6,356
When you cut your trip home by a day to go back down South to pick up a pair of Heir Audio 4.Ai. 

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #4,030 of 6,356
When you're about to drop 2-3 k on your wedding rings, and it hurts your wallet so bad, but you're still trying to proportion a bit of cash for more headphones.

True story. 
frown.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #4,031 of 6,356
Quote:
My ideal sound is between all extremes. Given the choice between neutrality and just about any other aspect of the sonic presentation I'll take neutrality every time. Probably because I have eclectic taste, so straying too far in one sonic direction starts messing up the reproduction of one genre or another. Too much bass (especially uncontrolled) messes up classical; too much treble makes a lot of mainstream stuff painful to listen to, and weird midrange coloration is just bad all around.

+2

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #4,032 of 6,356
Quote:
When you're about to drop 2-3 k on your wedding rings, and it hurts your wallet so bad, but you're still trying to proportion a bit of cash for more headphones.

True story. 
frown.gif

In relation to this

When your wedding rings are a pair of matching headphones.

Don't think that's a true story, but who knows?

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #4,033 of 6,356
I've always liked the idea of really simple wedding rings. Like, just a matching pair of gold rings without any diamonds or any of that crap on them. The whole point is that it's symbolic and that the true value of the marriage is the love each person has for each other, which is priceless. Why does it have to be symbolized with an expensive and largely useless piece of jewelry? Why should anything material compete with the value of the union itself?

In other news, I'm single. Can't imagine why...
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #4,034 of 6,356
I've always liked the idea of really simple wedding rings. Like, just a matching pair of gold rings without any diamonds or any of that crap on them. The whole point is that it's symbolic and that the true value of the marriage is the love each person has for each other, which is priceless. Why does it have to be symbolized with an expensive and largely useless piece of jewelry? Why should anything material compete with the value of the union itself?

In other news, I'm single. Can't imagine why...:D

Thats okay. Those of us who are married cant quite figure out WHY either...... :)

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #4,035 of 6,356
Quote:

In other news, I'm single. Can't imagine why...
biggrin.gif

Single or not, your post makes perfect sense. 
beerchug.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back