You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Mar 28, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #4,861 of 6,112

What know ye of the Alchemist's music?
tongue.gif

So I noticed a cool benefit of those memory players: since they load the entire track or playlist into your computer's memory before playback, your external (or internal) hard drive only has to "work" for a very brief period, after which it just sits there more or less unused, consequently putting less stress on the drive, though I doubt I have much to worry about for mine. Still, I've been using foobar2000 as my player lately for the sheer convenience of it. I can see the drives doing their thing non-stop via the blinking lights, which makes me paranoid, but what the hey...

Does anyone know how to get Equalizer APO to work with external DACs and players other than iTunes?

i know not much of your music except that which i read and a quick scan of your for sale stuff.   I'll see if i can find a setting to load more into memory.
I just downloaded equalizer APO to test it out.  I'm using MusicBee as my player, you can't use ASIO and WASAPI.  That is probably the biggest issue.  Then in control panel->Sound->Enhancements, make sure disable all enhancements is not checked.

Mar 28, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #4,862 of 6,112
  i know not much of your music except that which i read and a quick scan of your for sale stuff.   I'll see if i can find a setting to load more into memory.
I just downloaded equalizer APO to test it out.  I'm using MusicBee as my player, you can't use ASIO and WASAPI.  That is probably the biggest issue.  Then in control panel->Sound->Enhancements, make sure disable all enhancements is not checked.

What I'm referring to are players that load the entire playlist into memory before playback. Not many do.

I haven't been able to get Equalizer APO to work with foobar2000, JPLAY, etc. If I recall, I don't think I could get it to work when I used my amp/DAC in iTunes either! I think it only worked when I used the onboard audio by plugging into the headphone jack directly, and even then, only with iTunes.

Mar 28, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #4,863 of 6,112

What I'm referring to are players that load the entire playlist into memory before playback. Not many do.

I haven't been able to get Equalizer APO to work with foobar2000, JPLAY, etc. If I recall, I don't think I could get it to work when I used my amp/DAC in iTunes either! I think it only worked when I used the onboard audio by plugging into the headphone jack directly, and even then, only with iTunes.

I couldn't find any settings on my player to preload or adjust cache, back to adjusting hard drive inactivity setting.

I just got mine working doing the steps I stated (actually I already had directsound set, since I use a different program for videos and it is a pain to switch).  I feel like i should offer a gotomeeting to help, though i'm far from an expert on this software.

Mar 28, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #4,864 of 6,112
  I couldn't find any settings on my player to preload or adjust cache, back to adjusting hard drive inactivity setting.

I just got mine working doing the steps I stated (actually I already had directsound set, since I use a different program for videos and it is a pain to switch).  I feel like i should offer a gotomeeting to help, though i'm far from an expert on this software.

If you can get it to work with an external DAC and foobar2000, let me know the steps to take! Thank ya kindly.

Mar 28, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #4,865 of 6,112

If you can get it to work with an external DAC and foobar2000, let me know the steps to take! Thank ya kindly.

I have it working with my NAD M51 DAC and MusicBee, and PotPlayer (my video player).  Since it is using directsound output, then any audio device should work.

Mar 28, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #4,866 of 6,112
YKYAAW you got a Warlock B.C. Rich, kerry king master metal warlock, guitar setup because of interest in music.

then, give up trying to play the guitar because the amp that came with it distorts a lot, and has noise issues, whatever the reason. Also, i would need some effects for guitar, and i really do not have time to put in playing guitar these days.

YKYAAW music appears vivid and loud in your dreams..

music alchemist, now you finally got to the show i liked most, Higurashi, and you seem quite impressed by it.

Mar 28, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #4,867 of 6,112
  YKYAAW you got a Warlock B.C. Rich, kerry king master metal warlock, guitar setup because of interest in music.

then, give up trying to play the guitar because the amp that came with it distorts a lot, and has noise issues, whatever the reason. Also, i would need some effects for guitar, and i really do not have time to put in playing guitar these days.

YKYAAW music appears vivid and loud in your dreams..

music alchemist, now you finally got to the show i liked most, Higurashi, and you seem quite impressed by it.

Awesome. The Beast is my favorite B.C. Rich model. I own a Les Paul Classic with flame maple top, as well as two other guitars that are so rare, I don't even know what they're called! I taught myself how to play guitar since 1996 or so. Used to teach lessons too.

Umm, you mean it distorted even when you didn't turn the distortion on? Most guitar amps come with distortion settings.

Hey, same here! Sometimes, my brain will create amazing music in my dreams, but I rarely remember it upon waking up.

"Finally"? Higurashi has been my second favorite anime for a long time now.

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #4,868 of 6,112

Awesome. The Beast is my favorite B.C. Rich model. I own a Les Paul Classic with flame maple top, as well as two other guitars that are so rare, I don't even know what they're called! I taught myself how to play guitar since 1996 or so. Used to teach lessons too.

Umm, you mean it distorted even when you didn't turn the distortion on? Most guitar amps come with distortion settings.

Hey, same here! Sometimes, my brain will create amazing music in my dreams, but I rarely remember it upon waking up.

"Finally"? Higurashi has been my second favorite anime for a long time now.

i have not seen you having any higurashi avatars yet...

ditortion comes only when i use grind option on, with highest gain possible. but that is what makes fuzzy funny sounds...

if i will have time, i might try to learn, but it is harder to learn than programming and code writting.

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #4,869 of 6,112
  i have not seen you having any higurashi avatars yet...

ditortion comes only when i use grind option on, with highest gain possible. but that is what makes fuzzy funny sounds...

if i will have time, i might try to learn, but it is harder to learn than programming and code writting.

Just because I haven't used a character from an anime in my avatar doesn't mean I haven't seen that anime.
rolleyes.gif

Look here: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MusicAlchemist I have watched between 75 and 100 days worth of anime.
very_evil_smiley.gif

You mean it only distorts when you turn the distortion on? XD

Nah, guitar is easy; you just need to get the hang of it, like riding a bicycle. It's only hard at first.

Mar 28, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #4,871 of 6,112
SSDs are much faster, though for music it really doesn't matter as long as the drive is already spinning (at work, when I pause music then come back in an hour, that 4 seconds waiting for the drive to spin up, i just talked myself into adjusting the spin down delay).  SSDs for all of the Alchemist music might be a bit expensive.

I already know! Just a joke! :p

Mar 29, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #4,873 of 6,112
YKYAAW you have a dream about working at a grocery store...in which @jude is a cashier and you are a bag boy. XD

This was a real dream I had last night. hahaha. Although we were at a grocery store, I still remember going to the front of the store and being like, "Hey, where are the headphones I bought from you?" to one of the managers. As I was gathering carts (or something...who knows), I got fired...except the person who fired me in the dream was an old band (orchestra, jazz) director of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back