1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!

First

Back
312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321
323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332
Next

Last
  1. Music Alchemist

I downloaded and uploaded the file, so others could see.

AudiorapturePhoneStand.jpg

Gotcha. But there was nothing in there that I would have been able to tell you were joking from.

2. kcdkjqqr
    Communicating over text does have it's drawbacks

3. Music Alchemist

What is the "garbage" exactly in this case? What adjustments?

"Yeah I use EAC because it's the most accurate IMO, and I like all the options it gives you to name the files." is a statement with a totally serious tone. Not a hint of joking or sarcasm. Just sayin'.

4. kcdkjqqr
    I meant to make those more separate and the sarcasm clearer but I got a little distracted hehe. I was towards the end of season four of Dexter so I was a bit busy drooling over the second monitor

5. Music Alchemist

I haven't started watching that show yet. I usually watch anime. But I do like Flashpoint and The Shield (police dramas), so Dexter seems promising.

YKYAAW the audio quality of videos is important too, but unfortunately, is mainly limited by the headphones.

6. reddog
    YKYAAW when you sell another black powder pistol and a gold medal to purchase MrSpeakers new open backed headphone, the ETHER. I usually never buy so rashly, but a fellow gun collector just put a bid on my pistol. I need to get a tattoo that's says audiophile. Hope everyone has a great time jamming out. Going to go jam out to Zappa's Dancing Fool and let my cat play with my beards braids.:)

Music Alchemist likes this.
  7. Music Alchemist

Wow, this is the first I've heard of this new model! $1,500 is big boy level pricing.

8. Music Alchemist
    YKYAAW you decide to sell all your headphones (again!) to fund even better ones.

9. Dobrescu George
    i feel like i should tell you that buying and selling headphones might resoult in more loss than win, specially over a few trades..

10. Music Alchemist

I feel like I should tell you that I'm getting headphones so good that you would not even believe if I told you. I know what I'm doing. [​IMG]

11. Dobrescu George
    i understand, but after buying and selling, do you not loose like at least 100-200-300$, thaat you would had not lost if you would had bought the best headphones you wanted from the beggining?

12. Music Alchemist

I'm getting stuff that I would not have been able to get otherwise, and am not losing money in this case. Let's leave it at that for now.

13. Dobrescu George
    okay!~

YKYAAW you are afraid that you might get wrong looks in the subway because your portable setup whics has a dap+amp might look like a weapon.

14. razor5cl

This isn't the right attitude IMO. Yeah, you net lost money, but think of the hours and hours of enjoyment you got, the experience with different sound signatures, the times your favourite songs sounded so good.

Yeah, all of those past headphones won't sound as good now as your shiny new ones, but the money you lost was spent on the experience, not just the headphones themselves.

15. Dobrescu George
    ... Sorry, how i see it, if there is a possibility of a better experience, that is the best to get the sooner.

for example, i love ultrasone dj one pro, the only next step possible is ultrasone signature dj. there is no reason for me to buy anything else, i already know because i tested how the others sound.

like for source, i already know that hugo is the best for me. there is no real reason for me to buy other sources. I am buying other sources because i am not totally pleased with hugo price, i am still searching, but for headphones i already know what the best are.

i think that the journey is best done in a shop with a show-room, l;istening to every headphone you want, then pointing the best one and buying. if it does not hold out, rinse and repeat.

but this is just me, in Romania, i cannot sell headphones once i buy them, so... yeah... i might had liked your ways too if i was able to sell... but i cannot sell inside the country, there are around not many who love headphones, and outside, i cannot ship because to ship in another country i have to go in another city, i have to loose a day of work or school, it is a pain, and only the road to that city would end up costing me around 30$...

On the other hand, i am happy that i discovered that my end game headphones would be signature dj and ie800 iems. For now. i am going to listen to new shiny things when they appear.

First

Back
312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321
323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332
Next

Last