You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Mar 9, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #4,696 of 6,112
YKYAAW this thread inspires you to clean and rearrange much of your room

Bah, Head-fi, you've caused me to procrastinate on my homework yet again 
tongue.gif

Mar 10, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #4,698 of 6,112
YKYAAW you try to think of how foods would be as headphones (I'm not that crazy, hear me out)

So us audiophiles use lots of words that could be used to describe foods as words to describe headphones. For example, warm, cold, crisp, dry, punchy, etc. Me being weird, I think, "This ice cream would be a bright but easy, smooth headphone, but not very clear because it's quite thick." (I don't actually think this while eating ice cream... usually.)

What would a spicy (maybe a burrito or wasabi) headphone sound like?

Mar 10, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #4,699 of 6,112
YKYAAW you try to think of how foods would be as headphones (I'm not that crazy, hear me out)

So us audiophiles use lots of words that could be used to describe foods as words to describe headphones. For example, warm, cold, crisp, dry, punchy, etc. Me being weird, I think, "This ice cream would be a bright but easy, smooth headphone, but not very clear because it's quite thick." (I don't actually think this while eating ice cream... usually.)

What would a spicy (maybe a burrito or wasabi) headphone sound like?
it sounds HOT!

Mar 13, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #4,702 of 6,112
You know you're a basshead when, instead of buying the STAX electrostatic system you were saving up for, you buy the JVC HA-SZ2000 headphones, which essentially have a woofer and tweeter on both sides! (Still plan on getting the STAX, but I have other expenses to cover, so I may wait awhile.)

Reference links:
http://cdn.jvc.eu/szfxz/sz/index.html
http://cdn.jvc.eu/szfxz/sz/learn_more.html
http://www.head-fi.org/t/661129/jvc-ha-sz2000-1000-impressions-thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club
http://www.head-fi.org/products/jvc-kenwood-victer-stereo-headphones-ha-sz2000-japan-import

Mar 13, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #4,703 of 6,112
YKYAAW you spend a very important part of your time listening to new music, because you like new music.

YKYAAW your gear makes old music sound better than new music

YKYAAW your on the go listening chain looks more complicated than opening pandora's box.

YKYAAW the word high end no longer equals the most expensive equipment possible, but the equipment you tested and liked

YKYAAW you start using eq function to listen at lower volumes to protect hearing

YKYAAW you start using anti-bacterial wipes to wipe hands and silicone tips before handling iems.

Mar 13, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #4,704 of 6,112
  YKYAAW you spend a very important part of your time listening to new music, because you like new music.

YKYAAW your gear makes old music sound better than new music

YKYAAW the word high end no longer equals the most expensive equipment possible, but the equipment you tested and liked

I'm always trying to find new music; right now I'm listening to The Strokes, who I haven't really listened to much and am finding new songs. Of course I'll be being their albums at some point because...

YKYAAW you buy CDs of anything that you like, for lossless rips

I'm conflicted on the older/newer music; Led Zeppelin feels very real and natural, but newer stuff sounds cleaner and more refined, while also feeling less natural.

This is huge; you don't have to spend $1000 to get the best headphone for you. I liked the HE-400i, which is $500, over the HD800, and it gave me everything I would want in a headphone. There's no need to spend more if something fulfills your needs, and high end doesn't have to be many thousands of dollars.

Mar 14, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #4,705 of 6,112
I'm always trying to find new music; right now I'm listening to The Strokes, who I haven't really listened to much and am finding new songs. Of course I'll be being their albums at some point because...

YKYAAW you buy CDs of anything that you like, for lossless rips.

The Strokes are my favorite band. Fantastic group. And yeah, CDs are great. They really get the ladies. Best pickup line = yeah I buy my music in CDs got a nice collection. How about I add you to my private collection *winks*

YKYAAW: audiophile pickup lines (that was awful I'm sorry for those that read that)

YKYAAW your up at three listening to music on your new equipment (Modi 2 uber, magni 2) with your new CDs.

P.S. Radiohead is really good too if you're getting into rock and stuff.

Mar 14, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #4,706 of 6,112
YKYAAW you don't like Michael Jackson at all but you download the SACD version of Thriller in DSF (100+ MB per file, and needs a special player like AudioGate) just because you want to be taken away by the experience.

Mar 14, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #4,707 of 6,112
The Strokes are my favorite band. Fantastic group. And yeah, CDs are great. They really get the ladies. Best pickup line = yeah I buy my music in CDs got a nice collection. How about I add you to my private collection *winks*

YKYAAW: audiophile pickup lines (that was awful I'm sorry for those that read that)

I'm glad you apologized, because that was just...wow. Sounds like something a villain in an animated movie would say. lol

Mar 14, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #4,708 of 6,112

i think that some glam bands have more success, like most glam rock bands.

YKYAAW you have been testing you music collection for the past few hours, to edit tags, add cover art, and delete what does not satisfy your tastes anymore. 

A side note, Indie rock bands are something that cannot be in between. they either have a very very good sound, and you love them, or sound horrible and you hate them.
And because they are very un-known it is hard to get a hold of most indie good bands.

YKYAAW you stopped listening to grind, because the quality is not audiophile on any grind band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back