You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Jun 16, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #2,416 of 6,109
YKYAAW your barber refuses to cut around your headphones.....

You need to take them off briefly and make him cut a circle around your ears where the pads fit for better isolation. Or just shave your head.

Jun 16, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #2,418 of 6,109
  You need to take them off briefly and make him cut a circle around your ears where the pads fit for better isolation. Or just shave your head.

ykyaaw your starting shaving your head every two weeks to get the best isolation

and I'm serious, I love how my hair looks when it's thick but it wonks my headphone seal up, so I keep it a LOT shorter now,  

Jun 16, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #2,420 of 6,109
  ykyaaw your starting shaving your head every two weeks to get the best isolation

and I'm serious, I love how my hair looks when it's thick but it wonks my headphone seal up, so I keep it a LOT shorter now,  

+1 

I just cut my hair yesterday.. 
biggrin.gif
 thats the second time this month

Jun 19, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #2,422 of 6,109
YKYAAW you can admit to yourself that beats cans actually sound pretty darn good :wink:

Controversial?

Maybe...but:

Audiophile journalist reviews beats studio 2.0 headphones

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/FMcyEz13t1Q[/VIDEO]​

Jun 19, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #2,423 of 6,109

... ykyaaw you have a custom built HiRose 6pin to Dual Female XLR <.< cuz I need to drive two headphones balanced at the SAME MUH FUGGIN time 

Jun 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #2,424 of 6,109

You Know You're an Audiophile When..

... You will state on Head-Fi that there is no headphone rig that can come close to the "being there" experience of a good loudspeaker rig...

Jun 20, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #2,425 of 6,109

You Know You're an Audiophile When..

... You will state on Head-Fi that there is no headphone rig that can come close to the "being there" experience of a good loudspeaker rig...

Both ways are just a stereo illusion and need the brain to accept the illusion. It's certainly harder to ignore the fact that you have headphones on so it's harder to accept the illusion but if I'm in the mood my HD800 rig disappears and is as immersive and like "being there" as any speaker system I've heard.

Jun 20, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #2,426 of 6,109
YKYAAW you can admit to yourself that beats cans actually sound pretty darn good :wink:

Controversial?

Maybe...but:
Okay, I'll do you a straight swap - a new pair of Solo 2's in any colour of your choice (that is commercially available) for your LCD-X :wink:

,,,As such, YKYAAW money is no longer relevant, if it sounds good, it is good - despite how irrational those around you may think you are...

Jun 20, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #2,427 of 6,109
Okay, I'll do you a straight swap - a new pair of Solo 2's in any colour of your choice (that is commercially available) for your LCD-X :wink:

,,,As such, YKYAAW money is no longer relevant, if it sounds good, it is good - despite how irrational those around you may think you are...

I've already the new Solo2's in every colour apart from white & pink :p but I guess I could trade you my LCD-X cans in exchange for a white diamond encrusted solo2 can (commercially available to those with incredibly deep pockets) :wink:

v If money is of no relevancy then you should buy this new planar headphone coming soon and set to be the biggest game changer since canned bread! v

YKYAAW when you buy the below new planar headphone :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back