You guys HAVE to read these reviews...
Aug 19, 2002 at 5:06 PM Post #17 of 101
Even though I too would call myself a Christian, I had to laugh as I read these movie and music reviews. A movie is sexually suggestive becasue it shows the God-given curvature of a woman's breast and buttocks? Come on! Better never go outside again. There is such a difference in worldview. These reviews are intended to steer the "faithful" away from temptation, and yet the reviews can also serve as a guide to locating all of these elements that these organizations frown upon. In all fairness, some people's lives are ruined by sex, drugs and rock-n-roll. Just watch one of MTV's specials on some famous (or not-so-famous) band. This guy's now dead, that other guys now unable to even speak coherently to the camera, etc. As KR... said, it's a free country, and that means it can become a free-for-all for competing worldviews. But no matter what your views on life, it never does any good to just shove your head in the sand and pretend that the things you don't like just aren't there...they are everywhere. On the other hand, it doesn't do some people any good to be exposed to some of these things, and it might even help them to know what music and movies to avoid, if they want to do that.

Aug 19, 2002 at 5:19 PM Post #18 of 101
I'm a Christian as well. That doesn't mean I didn't laugh.
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2002 at 5:42 PM Post #19 of 101
No sense of humor. I think that's one misconception of Christians. Actually, a lot of us do have a rich sense of humor. You've got to have one to get through the suffering in this life.

Aug 19, 2002 at 6:10 PM Post #20 of 101
Quote:

andrzejpw I'm a Christian as well

yeah you said that already.

and it might even be worse than stupid. the word fundamentalist keeps popping into my head. and i never really acknowledged that christians really did the whole fundamentalist thing. aint nothin more crazy than them fundamentalists, and i don't care what religion it is.

heh i remember when i was a little kid i assumed i was christian cuz i was white. oh boy, its been a while, eh?

disclaimer: i think religion is great for a whole range of things, but lets take it easy, k? *dodges lightning bolt*

Aug 19, 2002 at 6:21 PM Post #21 of 101
[size=medium]ROFL![/size]

Focus on the Family should be Focus on Fundamentalism...

And ya gotta love this bit from the "Marshall Mathers LP" review:
Quote:

WEB EDITOR'S NOTE: Because of this
album’s graphic nature, this review contains
sexual descriptions that are not appropriate for children. If you are a teenager
or a younger child, please let your parents read this review before you
proceed.

Aug 19, 2002 at 7:22 PM Post #22 of 101
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
i didn't really find these to be all that funny.. but hey, i'm not twelve.

no, its because you lack a sense of humor

Aug 19, 2002 at 8:34 PM Post #23 of 101
Quote:

Originally posted by dougli
No sense of humor. I think that's one misconception of Christians. Actually, a lot of us do have a rich sense of humor. You've got to have one to get through the suffering in this life.

And the biggest misconception is that all Christians are the same, since there are 1,000's upon 1,000's of different versions.

Aug 19, 2002 at 8:44 PM Post #24 of 101
Quote:

And the biggest misconception is that all Christians are the same, since there are 1,000's upon 1,000's of different versions.

Aug 19, 2002 at 8:47 PM Post #25 of 101
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...

Are you saying that christians are like snowflakes?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 19, 2002 at 9:00 PM Post #27 of 101
Yeah, maybe we should go back to talking about something noncontroversial, like whether or not high-dollar interconnect, headphone, and speaker cables make a worthwhile difference in the sound, or whether HD600's are excellant headphones or just muddy-sounding cans (he-he-he-he).

Aug 19, 2002 at 9:47 PM Post #28 of 101
Quote:

Yeah, maybe we should go back to talking about something noncontroversial, like whether or not high-dollar interconnect, headphone, and speaker cables make a worthwhile difference in the sound, or whether HD600's are excellant headphones or just muddy-sounding cans (he-he-he-he).

THE AKG K501'S LACK BASS!

There!

very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif

muhahaha...

back on topic, i think that family.org site is absolutely insane and i feel bad that there's kids out there being raised with parents who follow that site and other parental guides that are as strongent as that one.

Aug 19, 2002 at 10:10 PM Post #29 of 101
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco

no, its because you lack a sense of humor

or.. it's the fact that i don't need to write four or five posts about how hysterically i am laughing at something that really isn't all that funny.

i assure you that i don't lack a sense of humor, i just apparently have a much more intelligent one than your's.

i think parents today should take a bit more interest in the music that their children listen to. i know eleven year olds who have eminem's albums and i don't think that's right. whether or not a site is based on religion is besides the point; all of the reviews i clicked on are actual short music reviews. they aren't just "satan will come for you if you listen to this!" and yada yada yada. they actually listened to all of the songs and thought on the albums' positions and views; something that i don't normally do. i don't see why it's so funny, but of course i have actually seen funny things before.

this is funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back