you guys are sooo boring when listening to music :P
Jan 22, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #16 of 39

Quote:
hey dooods, i mean seriously every time i see someone mention a pair of nice speakers or headphones they be like ''omg it sounds like i'm in the studio''

really? how boring. i thought music was suppose to be enjoyed with your upmost of imagination when experiencing music? music is about creative expression right?

i mean don't you ever imagine an instrument played somewhere else or gives you that feeling of outer world experience? like every time i listen to Yuki kajiura- Morning moon and when that lovely violin kicks in i just can imagine a beautiful japanese girl in starting of spring where the cherry blossoms are starting to bloom playing in middle of an open field,gentle breeze passing and can see the lovely frequencies of the violin gracefully flow with the wind under a calm sunrise.

don't you ever use your imagination? it seems like lot of people around here are supposedly muscians and so forth and have experience with music but i never see anyone here ever express any sign of creativity when it comes to perceptive music listening.  

I agree....somewhat It all depends what I'm listening to. If it's dreamy and atomospheric then I'm definitely imagining wings on my magic carpet. Flying with Barney *Coughs*

Jan 22, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #17 of 39

Quote:
hey dooods, i mean seriously every time i see someone mention a pair of nice speakers or headphones they be like ''omg it sounds like i'm in the studio''

really? how boring. i thought music was suppose to be enjoyed with your upmost of imagination when experiencing music? music is about creative expression right?

i mean don't you ever imagine an instrument played somewhere else or gives you that feeling of outer world experience? 

Well, if it helps any, while I was listening to the Beats Solo HD I was like "omg it sounds like i'm in Dr Dre's colon"

Jan 22, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #18 of 39
^ Weird...

I bet most people will hop to google on the colon thing.

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #19 of 39
When I am listening to music I imagine myself laying naked in a meadow as a gentle breeze blows across the field and the grass moves side to side in a seductive dance. I lay there just watching the clouds float by, few thoughts in my head, just the music taking me wherever it wants me to go.

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #20 of 39
Nice well see me personally I lay back thinking about aliens and owls....bats too. 
biggrin.gif
 Sometimes I think I'm laying on top of the ocean -impossible- but yeah. 

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #21 of 39
Sometimes I pretend that I am in the Wonka factory Chocolate Room...sitting on the bank of the chocolate river dangling my feet in the brown sugary goodness that flows by. No cares in the world, just lost in the sweet tunes flowing into my ears while occasionally chomping down on a candy flowery or marshmallow bird. Of course I am naked while doing all of this.

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #22 of 39
Some music really is more of an intellectual exercise that you're supposed to sit down and work at. It doesn't have a groove, it only has intrigue. Much music, of course, is emotionally driven. Some music deliberately tries to pull you in all kinds of directions. So it depends on what I want to listen to at the time; all of these kinds of music have their place.

When I'm critically listening to gauge performance of the equipment, I have music with certain qualities, and which I know extremely well, and then I try to not get so lost in the music that I stop keeping track of what the electronics are doing.

Many of the reports here emphasize the findings in critical listening, because it's as close to factual and correlatable as we can manage, with our collectively vast range of musical tastes, acoustic tastes, head shapes, budget, and so on.

It actually takes very little, equipment-wise, to be totally lost in the music. In my college days I could get lost in the music just by listening to 90 minute cassette tapes on department-store console stereos, and I could now if that's all that was available to me. So reporting that listening to Keith Jarrett's 1973 Lausanne solo concert on some particular equipment brought me to a particular imaginary space filled with emotions, that is true but it is more of a review of the music than of the equipment. It's not all that helpful to you, especially if you're not a fan of improvised music. It's not particularly constructive either, because that can happen to me even if I'm listening to the recording on an FM broadcast through a clock radio.

On the other hand, if I said that I felt like I was sitting in the third row and could feel the physical presence of the piano and the concert hall around me, that is a criticism relevant to the equipment and may be helpful to you regardless of the kind of music you like.

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #23 of 39

Quote:
Sometimes I pretend that I am in the Wonka factory Chocolate Room...sitting on the bank of the chocolate river dangling my feet in the brown sugary goodness that flows by. No cares in the world, just lost in the sweet tunes flowing into my ears while occasionally chomping down on a candy flowery or marshmallow bird. Of course I am naked while doing all of this.

LOL...i'm pretty sure the whooompa loompas will ban hammer you shortly...

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #24 of 39

Quote:

Interesting another thing I like to do is pretend I'm under sea in a mermaid house with all the beatifuel women of all shapes and sizes. And there chanting my music to me in this instance they are the ones that's naked. 

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #25 of 39

Quote:
Quote:

Interesting another thing I like to do is pretend I'm under sea in a mermaid house with all the beatifuel women of all shapes and sizes. And there chanting my music to me in this instance they are the ones that's naked. 

LOL...I eat mermaids for breakfast...they taste like...dolphin..er I mean tuna..

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #26 of 39
If it smells like tuna....

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #27 of 39
It must be tuna.

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #29 of 39
Back on topic, I also picture my self in a dark room with ceiling to floor windows surrounding by a giant dark forest under me is a elephant holding everything up. Now that's imagination. 

Buff stop eating tuna 
blink.gif

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #30 of 39
I do like to imagine myself as the artist I am listening to. Of course it gets kinda awkward when I realize I am standing on stage naked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back