Yoshino EAR 859SE using with K1000 & speakers, anyone?
Sep 8, 2009 at 12:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Blackmore

Headphoneus Supremus
I am getting strong feeling about this guy lately, not sure why, but seems that EAR859SE is one good machine, if not say more. Reading all that info online doesn't make it easier, cos owning EAR HP4 in the past gives me that solid trust in the goodness of the 859.
On the other hand, his "big" brother, EAR 869, make some steps further, but not sonically, I guess, power, from pure A class 13W to 15W per channel plus it has better stability/control, where the price differences, especially used, must be not that huge, however not sure about that.
Would really appreciate if someone could share any info about this amp please, even the very little one could help.
You may ask why I am interested in such one? Well, I could easily stop worried about any upgrade for a long time, but as we know about this hobby, there is always something that fascinates you, and once again, having tried EAR HP4 makes it even stronger.

THX

Sep 8, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #2 of 2
I sure look forward to replys on this issue. Currently I am looking at getting a Red Wine Audio Signature 30.2 to power a pair of K1000 since I like the idea of being off the electrical grid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back