Yoga headphones - Where to get?
Jun 10, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #16 of 38
I am considering ordering a variant of the 003. And, I had the same thought. There's an even less expensive source which may
be available. Anyway, please PM me if this is an option (to do a group buy). Thanks.

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #18 of 38
Hey guys...  before expectations get too high, I just wanted to chime in and let you know that its probably not gonna happen.

Yoga is a professional ODM/OEM for other brands - and in fact they are one of the best around.  As such, they do NOT sell to the general public.  Doing so would place them in direct competition with their own customers - and breaks one of the most sacred rules of being an ODM/OEM. 

And the idea of a group buy isn't gonna help either as they tend to deal in MOQs (minimum order quantities) that would not be considered feasible here.  What I mean is that unless you're prepared to place an order for at least 3,000-5,000 units (depending on the model), you're not even gonna be a blip on the radar to their sales staff.  And even then, they're NOT about to risk their business with Fischer/Brainwavs/etc. by selling a few thousand units direct-to-consumer.

In addition, while it is the name of their company, the "Yoga" brand itself is also kind of a dummy brand as it is only used mainly to show typical branding placement and such.  They don't go around marketing under that brand - as I'm sure a lot of you have figured out by now.  Tyll kind of messed up a little bit by talking about them at Inner Fidelity.  Companies like Yoga tend to show up at trade shows like CES all the time, but there's a general "understanding" in the industry that their presence is supposed to be somewhat transparent.

P.S. ~ For the record, a lot of the guys at Yoga speak English just fine.  Mandarin-speaking abilities are not a factor here.

Jun 10, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #19 of 38
Quote:
Hey guys...  before expectations get too high, I just wanted to chime in and let you know that its probably not gonna happen.

Yoga is a professional ODM/OEM for other brands - and in fact they are one of the best around.  As such, they do NOT sell to the general public.  Doing so would place them in direct competition with their own customers - and breaks one of the most sacred rules of being an ODM/OEM. 

And the idea of a group buy isn't gonna help either as they tend to deal in MOQs (minimum order quantities) that would not be considered feasible here.  What I mean is that unless you're prepared to place an order for at least 3,000-5,000 units (depending on the model), you're not even gonna be a blip on the radar to their sales staff.  And even then, they're NOT about to risk their business with Fischer/Brainwavs/etc. by selling a few thousand units direct-to-consumer.

In addition, while it is the name of their company, the "Yoga" brand itself is also kind of a dummy brand as it is only used mainly to show typical branding placement and such.  They don't go around marketing under that brand - as I'm sure a lot of you have figured out by now.  Tyll kind of messed up a little bit by talking about them at Inner Fidelity.  Companies like Yoga tend to show up at trade shows like CES all the time, but there's a general "understanding" in the industry that their presence is supposed to be somewhat transparent.

P.S. ~ For the record, a lot of the guys at Yoga speak English just fine.  Mandarin-speaking abilities are not a factor here.

I've seen quite a few headphones bearing this 'Yoga' brand at some 'Walmart' syle electronics stores and even Jaycar.

Jun 10, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #20 of 38
And that would definitely be the exception rather than the rule.  Dumping units that:  (A) do not meet the customer's QC requirements; (B) are an unused/alternate revision that uses different drivers/damping; or (C) rebadging customer returns are a fairly common practice for ODMs/OEMs/CMs.  BTW, by "customer" I mean companies like Fischer/Brainwavs/etc.  But my main point is that Yoga is a very reputable company, and their sales staff are rather professional in terms of representing the company and abiding by it's ethical standards, so it is very unlikely that end users are going to have much luck in getting their hands on a few units at a discount.

If you guys are successful at it, my congrats in advance.  Just wanted everyone to keep expectations at a reasonable level because disappointment can suck big time.  That was all. 
regular_smile%20.gif

Jun 10, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #21 of 38
Quote:
And that would definitely be the exception rather than the rule.  Dumping units that:  (A) do not meet the customer's QC requirements; (B) are an unused/alternate revision that uses different drivers/damping; or (C) rebadging customer returns are a fairly common practice for ODMs/OEMs/CMs.  BTW, by "customer" I mean companies like Fischer/Brainwavs/etc.  But my main point is that Yoga is a very reputable company, and their sales staff are rather professional in terms of representing the company and abiding by it's ethical standards, so it is very unlikely that end users are going to have much luck in getting their hands on a few units at a discount.

If you guys are successful at it, my congrats in advance.  Just wanted everyone to keep expectations at a reasonable level because disappointment can suck big time.  That was all. 
regular_smile%20.gif

These weren't dumped units, they were just normal cheap headphones bearing their name on the packaging.

This is an example of one.

http://reviews.dicksmith.com.au/8465-en_au/C6534/reviews.htm

Jun 10, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #22 of 38
Yes, I understand what you mean.

For the record, there are certain Yoga models (particularly their IEMs) that end up not being picked up by customers.  Still, design (CAD) and production (tooling) and packaging (die-line) costs need to be recouped so these get released under the Yoga brand for the sake of reducing losses.  They are a business after all.  Here are some empty IEM packages I just happen to have on hand:

But the likelihood of finding some of their most popular and most expensive full-size circumaural models (like the CD-880) will be exceedingly rare at best - particularly if that unit or its variants are currently offered as a model by one of their customers.  I'm not saying it will be impossible to get them - just highly unlikely.

And FWIW, dumping units by rebadging them and repackaging them is a relatively easy thing to do.  I'm not going to get into it here, but I can tell you that models that were destined to once be Ficshers or Brainwavs could be easily be changed to a Yoga-branded items.  All they would need to do is replace the outer rim of those earcups with Yoga branded rims (a little bit of rework), and then put them into different packaging.  It's not rocket science.  But as it would possibly cause confusion on the market and mess with their customers, it most likely would not be done.  And even if it were, you'd only find them in China, Malaysia, etc.

Jun 10, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #24 of 38
Still, I wish you guys the best of luck.  Though it seems to me that there's an easier way to go about this.  Maybe the powers that be at Head-Fi can arrange for a special group buy (or Head-Fi edition) directly with Fischer or Brainwavs.  For promotional reasons, it would be worth it for either of those two companies to get their products into the hands of audiophiles who can then recommended those units to others with a certain amount of credibility.

Jun 10, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #25 of 38
Quote:
Still, I wish you guys the best of luck.  Though it seems to me that there's an easier way to go about this.  Maybe the powers that be at Head-Fi can arrange for a special group buy (or Head-Fi edition) directly with Fischer or Brainwavs.  For promotional reasons, it would be worth it for either of those two companies to get their products into the hands of audiophiles who can then recommended those units to others with a certain amount of credibility.

Agreed, but I have a funny feeling that even at group buy prices, Jaycar will still be cheaper. Maybe they'd be a better choice.

Jul 15, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #26 of 38
edit: These aren't FA-002W are these?

Looks snazzy, I wonder if someone is selling these.
biggrin.gif

http://www.yoga.com.tw/en/2_2000_60588/product/25th_Anniversary_Headphone_id346448.html

Jul 11, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #29 of 38
Quote:
  http://class.ruten.com.tw/user/index00.php?s=kway3c&d=4433616&o=0&m=1

in taiwan, some yoga headphones sell here

i like cd68

Cool. Thanks.

Quote:
  Holy mother of a necromancer.

I never understand why people whine when someone responds to an old thread. It still might be interesting to some who are subscribed.

Jul 18, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #30 of 38
Sorry to barge in.....

I have yoga cd 880(2013) and brainwavz hm5..

Yoga do sell there product in taiwan. There policy stictly speaks of not selling there partners products(brainwavz, fischer audio) directly in taiwan...

I have heard fischer audio Fa 003 tiW too

And then i modded my Brainwavz hm5 completely by my own knowledge

Yoga cd880 is now high resolution..signature is cleaned but that old 300hz dip remains. PRAT(pace Rhythm, Accuracy and timing) is a lot better than hm5.

Fischer audio fa 003 tiW uses the same yoga cd880 2013 model driver which is limited to 26khz line by speaker circuit to make it smoother in mids.

It had 2x better PRAT....wood helps in removing 300hz dip but i felt the signature same

Brainwavz is epic on price here...hard plastic and cheap.

Sounds is no where near to those too....but signature is same(i am talking about decay or PRAT)

Modded hm5 outpasses audeze sine in ceratin areas and sound over great

I think if i modded brainwavz with old driver

What will happen to fischer fa 003tiW???

Hahaahahhaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back