Yodobashi-Akiba in Japan...
Jun 29, 2009 at 12:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

cyberspyder

Caution! Incomplete trades.
..HAS AN AMAZING SELECTION OF HEADPHONES AND AMPS!!!!! My jaw literally dropped when I entered the 6th level...OMG. A HUGE selection of headphones and IEMs from Weston, Shure, UE, Sennheise, AKG, beyerdynamic, Audio-Technica, etymotic...etc...

You can even buy bulk wire from Kimber Kable, Canare and more...no jacks? No problem, choose from a selection of Eichmann and Furutech. Amp wise, there were significantly more power amps than headphone amps, but there was a wide selection. Almost every mid-high end speaker brands were present.

This is one of those stores you have to visit to appreciate...trust me!

dsc05660medium.jpg

Wall of headphones...

Brendan
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #3 of 29
Awesome, almost beyond words.

Jun 29, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #4 of 29
I wish there was one of those in fukui!!!

Jun 29, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #7 of 29
Yeah, it's pretty cool, but the listening experience is not so great.

Many of the cans are poorly driven or lack sufficient volume to drown out the background noise in the store.

For a much better experience, check out Dynamic Audio. All the best headphones, great amps, and leather recliners to listen in. And it's a small store so there is usually little or no background noise.

Jun 29, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #12 of 29
This is what I like about Japan. The fact that you can hang expensive headphones in public without worrying about them getting destroyed by browsing consumers. I rarely see American kiosks in decent condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back