YinLvMei A2 Dual AK4497 Portable DAP
Aug 26, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #211 of 271
Can someone give me the impression between yinlumei B2 and Hilidac Beam2 / Beam2s ? Base on their technical spec (SNR, THD+N, etc.), Both seem to be competitor products.

Aug 26, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #213 of 271
@Whitigir
YinLumei B2 : Link 440mW(Balanced) @16Ohm / SNR 119dB / THD+N 0.0007%
Beam2s : Link 110mW @16Ohm / SNR >118dB / THD+N 0.0003%

Though Beam2s is a different kind. Maybe Yinlumei S3 is the right competitor.

Aug 26, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #214 of 271
@Whitigir
YinLumei B2 : Link 440mW(Balanced) @16Ohm / SNR 119dB / THD+N 0.0007%
Beam2s : Link 110mW @16Ohm / SNR >118dB / THD+N 0.0003%

Though Beam2s is a different kind. Maybe Yinlumei S3 is the right competitor.
Beam 2 is half the price of the b2, has no Bluetooth, a lot less power, way more compact, etc. Not quite in the same class. S3 is definitely a closer comparison. Though I have yet to hear from any owners of the s3 so far. I'm still enjoying the b2 but again, hard to recommend due to price, despite the amazing Sq. It's a very niche product that feels like a prototype rather than a polished product. Similar to what the s2 felt like to me.

Sep 22, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #215 of 271
Beam 2 is half the price of the b2, has no Bluetooth, a lot less power, way more compact, etc. Not quite in the same class. S3 is definitely a closer comparison. Though I have yet to hear from any owners of the s3 so far. I'm still enjoying the b2 but again, hard to recommend due to price, despite the amazing Sq. It's a very niche product that feels like a prototype rather than a polished product. Similar to what the s2 felt like to me.

Hi Hisma, i just got the B2 and pairing it with my Note 20 Ulta. Sound is really great, unfortunately i'm experiencing sound dropout/ cutoff issues. This happens intermittently. Using LDAC, mode set to Best Effort (Adaptive) under Developer options, lossless flac (mainly 16/44 and 24/96 bit files).

Do you have such issues? Any recommended fix? I've been in touch with YLM, but support is weak, perhaps as English is not their main language

Sep 24, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #216 of 271
Has anyone heard of their new W1 Windows 10 DAP? 2 AK 4499's. Bigger player at 900 grams. But looks killin'.

I noticed its listed on the asian online store HiFiGo. https://hifigo.com/products/yinlvmei-w1-windows10-portable-music-player-dap-dual-ak4499-usb-dac

Features:-
>Dual AK4499 Flagship DAC chipset.

>8 OPA 1612 IV converter.

>2 OPA 1612 LPF.

>Amplification Circuit: 2 Custom Dual OP AMPs+8 in-line High-power tube pairs.

>Intel Atom X5 Z8350 CPU.

>4GB RAM.

>128GB Internal Storage.

>Dual-Band Wi-Fi Connectivity(2.4GHz/5GHz).

>Bluetooth V4.2 Connectivity.

>SA9227 asynchronous USB Processor Chip.

>Ultra-low jitter Taiwan Taiyi Crystal Clock.

>7” IPS Display(800*1280).

>0.66” OLED secondary display.

>Two 7000mAh Lithium batteries.

>Replaceable battery module.

>3.5mm Coaxial, 3.5mm Single-ended LO, 3.5mm Balanced LO, 3.5mm Single-ended PO, 4.4mm Balanced PO.

>Dual PGA2311 Fully Balanced Volume Control.

>Output Power(Single-ended): Up to 750mW @ 32Ω, Up to 80mW @ 300Ω.

>Output Power(Balanced): Up to 1500mW @ 32Ω, Up to 160mW @ 300Ω.

>Line-out Voltage(Single-ended): 2.9Vrms.

>Line-out Voltage(Balanced): 5.8Vrms.

>Output Impedance(Single-ended): 0.8Ω.

>Output Impedance(Balanced): 0.4Ω.

>3 MicroSD card slots with up to 1TB MicroSD card support in each slot.

>2 USB ports.

>USB Type-C charging port.

YinLvMei W1 is the world's first Windows 10 operating system, portable digital audio player. It is a powerful player equipped with an industry-leading Dual DAC setup and powerful amplification circuitry. Housing an Intel Atom CPU chip provides a smooth, snappy user experience with outstanding sound clarity.

Dual Battery Module:-
YinLvMei W1 features a user-replaceable dual battery module featuring two batteries of 7000mAh each. One battery powers the CPU and DAC chips while the other second battery produces an analog stage for the amplification circuitry.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #217 of 271
Oct 14, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #219 of 271
after having 2 yinlumei devices fail on me in short time (<4 months of ownership on each device) I am boycotting the brand. I don't care how good it sounds. Garbage QC and poor engineering design. One device failing may have been a fluke. 2 separate devices failing means its a problem with the company. Avoid them.

Oct 14, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #220 of 271
after having 2 yinlumei devices fail on me in short time (<4 months of ownership on each device) I am boycotting the brand. I don't care how good it sounds. Garbage QC and poor engineering design. One device failing may have been a fluke. 2 separate devices failing means its a problem with the company. Avoid them.
Have you tried to contact after-sales service? You can send it back for repair or replacement.

Oct 18, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #221 of 271
Finally, I've managed to update my A2 firmware to the latest Android 9 64 bit version:) So far, so good: HiBy Music 4.0 plays DSD in DSD Native mode with no issues, the interface became snappier and more responsive compared to Android 6 32 bit, to my mind (I also enabled forced 2D rendering via the GPU instead of CPU in the Developer options, not sure if this option provide any battery saving but should make scrolling smoother I think). Will install Neutron player a bit later

Nov 12, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #222 of 271
Dear A2 owners, have you checked the battery life on the new Android 9 firmware??

Nov 15, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #223 of 271
YinLvMei
Could you share your experience? im considering it as next dap

Nov 15, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #224 of 271
I’d like to hear what happened, also.

Nov 16, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #225 of 271
YinLvMei

Could you share your experience? im considering it as next dap
Excellent SQ. But the first glaring problem was that volume adjustment did NOT work on my mobile phone. It only worked using the physical dial (yet adjusting volume in windows did work). Major design flaw #1. Second, one day I received a phone call and the microphone I guess glitched out, causing a very loud/piercing noise to come from my headphones. It would not go away unless I ended the call or turned off the mic. This issue would happen randomly with no warning. Major design flaw #2.
I also like to use my mobile devices on-the-go... otherwise, what's the point of a mobile device? So the b2 is very much pocketable, luckily, so I would carry my b2 in one pocket, and my phone in the other. The b2 could not reliably hold a bt signal with this setup... sound would constantly break up. Major design flaw #3.
Last, after about 2 months, it just stopped working and wouldn't even turn on anymore. No idea what it was... I opened it up, checked the battery, and tried changing it. No luck. Something on the circuit board must have failed.
So yes, great SQ, but screw everything else about it. Buyer beware. You might find other people that had good experiences. Maybe I had an early production run that was plagued with problems that were fixed in a later batch.
And worst for me, I had no warranty bc I bought second-hand. Mind you, the unit was genuine, as it had original receipt, I opened up and saw the AK4497 DAC, etc. So if I wanted to fix it, I'd need to send it to ylm & pay for it. Nah, I'll cut my losses and move on.
I now own a hifiman HM1000 red - see my reaction to that device here -
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hifiman-hm1000-worlds-first-quad-pcm-1704-dap.931330/page-9
and it's miles better than the b2 (and it better be as it's 4x the price). Even though the B2 does admittedly sound very good and I can't fault it on SQ.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back