YinLvMei A2 Dual AK4497 Portable DAP
Aug 2, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #196 of 271
b2 is in... I've only listened about 5 minutes, so proper impressions will soon be incoming.
z6hZUqI.jpg

But I can say hands down it sounds better than any mobile bt device I've heard. btr5 sounds thin and anemic in comparison. Not even close. But the thing is ugly and build quality feels cheap for a device of this price. The only thing that doesn't feel cheap is the nice, big analog volume control.
As you can see... I'm listening out of the SE 3.5mm jack. I have a 4.4 balanced cable on the way, but for now, all my balanced cables are only 2.5mm. Still sounds fantastic.
IEMs are Shouer EJ07 with a 8-core NICEHCK pure silver cable 2.2 balanced (converted to 3.5mm SE).
How is SQ compared with S2?
I have ordered S3 at Linsoul shop, but after 2 weeks without any progress regarding delivery they say now it's out of stock.
I have just diy mod of my shockwave III to do balanced. So now I can use 9038s without need of S3.

Aug 2, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #197 of 271
How is SQ compared with S2?
I have ordered S3 at Linsoul shop, but after 2 weeks without any progress regarding delivery they say now it's out of stock.
I have just diy mod of my shockwave III to do balanced. So now I can use 9038s without need of S3.
more subbass. The B2 is very warm. I do see some downsides to the B2 now though... the emphasis on mids & lows means the EJ07 loses what little air it has. However, that negative effect is offset by the big, beefy midbass & subbass. EJ07 already has amazing mids. And I would say that the b2 may push the mids to the point where on certain tracks it can sound harsh. I think switching away from the silver cable to SPC has helped. It's interesting how much of a balancing act there is between source/cable/tips.
I'll keep listening. And i'd like to try some other IEMs to see how synergy changes but the EJ07 is pretty much all I listen to. I would say however that it feels almost like a desktop amp in my pocket with the amount of weight that's added in the low end. Just wish it didn't trade off lack of treble extension.

Aug 9, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #199 of 271
So after a week or so with the ylm b2, I can say that it's definitely an upgrade. One of the issues I had with sound wasn't due to the B2 itself, it was due to some software settings in my music player (tip - anyone that uses power amp should ENABLE dvc for bluetooth (when DVC is on it gets disabled for bt by default... need to turn it on). This improves the SQ and volume control noticeably. Perhaps with other music apps this may not even be an issue. So the treble extension is actually good provided software doesn't muck up the sound.
There's only one (major) problem I am experiencing - bt interference. It has a strong signal, but tends to occasionally cut out when placed in a pocket that's not the same as my phone. Something I need to get to the bottom of eventually.
@lslionin do you have bt interference issues at all? I wonder if it's just me, or the way I am using it.

Aug 9, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #200 of 271
So after a week or so with the ylm b2, I can say that it's definitely an upgrade. One of the issues I had with sound wasn't due to the B2 itself, it was due to some software settings in my music player (tip - anyone that uses power amp should ENABLE dvc for bluetooth (when DVC is on it gets disabled for bt by default... need to turn it on). This improves the SQ and volume control noticeably. Perhaps with other music apps this may not even be an issue. So the treble extension is actually good provided software doesn't muck up the sound.
There's only one (major) problem I am experiencing - bt interference. It has a strong signal, but tends to occasionally cut out when placed in a pocket that's not the same as my phone. Something I need to get to the bottom of eventually.
@lslionin do you have bt interference issues at all? I wonder if it's just me, or the way I am using it.
How does the b2 compare to s2 in usb mode?

Aug 10, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #201 of 271
How does the b2 compare to s2 in usb mode?

they sound quite similar, though the B2 is noticeably more powerful. I need the volume down to around 20% otherwise it's too loud. I can also adjust the analog volume pot... I find having the volume at 3 o'clock is the best tradeoff of "full bodied sound" while still having some minor control over volume.
Biggest improvement with the B2 over S2 is the precise level of volume control. S2 has a pathetic 12 or so volume steps. B2 has way more (more than I could count), plus an analog volume pot for even more precise tuning.
B2 = S2 with more power & better volume control, in terms of sound. B2 is obviously way chunkier but has BT & a battery, which is nice.
I think i've solved the bt interference issue as well... when bt negotiates its connection the default is to let the dac decide. B2 defaults to 96KHz @ 32 bit sampling. Very bandwidth intensive. If I drop those down I can cut down on interference. 44.1 @ 16 bits all interference effectively goes away. However, every time I disconnect/reconnect, I have to manually change the sample rate. May be a phone issue. Anyway I'm quite happy now, though at the price & size, its still very niche and not an easy rec. Might post a full review soon.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #205 of 271
emmm,I think all B2 users have the same problem. Because of the position of the antenna, when you block B2 and mobile phone with your body, sometimes the signal will be cut off

Aug 23, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #206 of 271
does anyone know the power output of the M400 or the A2? I use Audeze Lcd i4's and they come to life with decent power
As it was mentioned, A2 has 4.2V RMS output power for single ended out and 8.4V RMS for 4.4 balanced out. I use my hard-to-drive Hifiman HE-500 with A2 via the single ended out and they sound great, I don't experience any lack of power (recessed lows or mids, sibilant highs, etc.)

Aug 24, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #208 of 271

Users who are viewing this thread

Back