YinLvMei A2 Dual AK4497 Portable DAP
Jul 17, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #181 of 271
New kid on the block: YinLvMei (Yin Lu Mei) S3
https://www.linsoul.com/products/yinlvmei-s3?_pos=1&_sid=7ea3ada48&_ss=r

20_fd8862ad-ac19-48db-a1fd-67f656d21b35_1024x1024.jpg

Update: Just pulled the trigger!

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #184 of 271
Dear A2 owners, could someone advise me a simple tool for creating a dump of my current Android 6-based firmware for the DAP? I should have updated my A2's firmware a long time ago but did not come up with a simple firmware backup solution:) Is SPFlash Tool a reliable option for that? I've heard (did not verify it myself) that even if a firmware update/backup tool reports no errors and creates a firmware dump file, the resulting file may be incorrect and you may not be able to restore your DAP firmware from it
P.S. Gave a listen to my old good HiFiman HE-500 connected to A2 via the balanced out: the overall loudness increased (which is natual), the lows became more punchy (wouldn't say it was good for all recordings) and the highs became brighter and harsher (did not like it at all). Obviously, these FR changes were brought by the balanced connection increased output power, and the headphones started to sound like a loudspeker, which is about to get overloaded by an amplifier. Thus, YinLuMei did not fiddle with the balanced output and implemented it in more or less classical way-4x output power increase with no intended additional scene widening and bass boosting. Which I like, but with the HE-500 the sound via the unbalanced out is much more to my liking, more so that A2 has enough power to drive even HE-500 decently via the unbalanced out:)

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #185 of 271
Hi All,
I know it is slightly off-topic, but this seems to be the only thread where the other Yinlvmei products are talked about.

I was really intrigued by B2 and S3, but wanted to know if anyone would know whether they support any EQ (PEQ) option, and if anyone can share impressions if they have got them.

Jul 29, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #186 of 271
The device doesn't support Eq. the volume is adjusted by a knob. It uses an analog potentiometer,
Hi All,
I know it is slightly off-topic, but this seems to be the only thread where the other Yinlvmei products are talked about.

I was really intrigued by B2 and S3, but wanted to know if anyone would know whether they support any EQ (PEQ) option, and if anyone can share impressions if they have got them.
I own yinlvmei B2, The device doesn't support Eq. the volume is adjusted by a knob. It uses an analog potentiometer,

Jul 29, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #187 of 271
The device doesn't support Eq. the volume is adjusted by a knob. It uses an analog potentiometer,

I own yinlvmei B2, The device doesn't support Eq. the volume is adjusted by a knob. It uses an analog potentiometer,

Thank you for responding. :) I searched a lot and found a russian forum where another person had just gotten one, but didn't contain any further details on this. I had tried contacting Linsoul Audio as well, but they haven't responded yet.

Based on your response, I take it that unlike other bluetooth receivers like UP4, BTR5 or ES100, B2 doesn't have a companion app (Android)? Since it mentioned USB DAC also, I was thinking it could be something like a BTR5, which can used as USB dac for my PC, and then bluetooth receiver when on the go, particularly helpful when taking calls as well.

How has your experience with B2 been so far compared to other sources you use?

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #188 of 271
Thank you for responding. :) I searched a lot and found a russian forum where another person had just gotten one, but didn't contain any further details on this. I had tried contacting Linsoul Audio as well, but they haven't responded yet.

Based on your response, I take it that unlike other bluetooth receivers like UP4, BTR5 or ES100, B2 doesn't have a companion app (Android)? Since it mentioned USB DAC also, I was thinking it could be something like a BTR5, which can used as USB dac for my PC, and then bluetooth receiver when on the go, particularly helpful when taking calls as well.

How has your experience with B2 been so far compared to other sources you use?
Yes, B2 is different from other devices of the same type. It has no corresponding app to use. It has the function of USB DAC, which can be connected to the computer. At the same time, there is a microphone at the bottom, which can provide the call function after connecting to the mobile phone through Bluetooth. Compared with btr5, the voice of B2 has been significantly improved, but it also lost the portability in the pants pocket. The Bluetooth signal is very good. I tried about 7 meters without blocking, without obvious sound interruption. With my tri I3 and yuein, which is only sold in China RM12 is very good. If you can take it in your hand or use it in a messenger bag when you travel, B2 will be the best choice
I want to share some pictures, but I don't know how to insert them

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #189 of 271
Yes, B2 is different from other devices of the same type. It has no corresponding app to use. It has the function of USB DAC, which can be connected to the computer. At the same time, there is a microphone at the bottom, which can provide the call function after connecting to the mobile phone through Bluetooth.
That's unfortunate regarding the lack of app compared to other devices, but seems like amongst all the bluetooth receivers this is the most promising, in terms of sound quality. Was looking for a good option to drive my IEM - LCD i4, and the B2 seemed to have the capability equivalent to S3 for USB DAC, with additional bluetooth option

Compared with btr5, the voice of B2 has been significantly improved, but it also lost the portability in the pants pocket
By voice, did you B2's call quality over the microphone or the mids being more resolving in B2?
I was thinking, it seemed small enough to be part of my shirt or pants pockets, and maybe I can try the magnet approach as mentioned in this post, but not sure whether it would be heavier than expected

The Bluetooth signal is very good. I tried about 7 meters without blocking, without obvious sound interruption.
That's great to know :)

With my tri I3 and yuein, which is only sold in China RM12 is very good.
That's the yuein pop? By RM12, did you mean B2 only?

If you can take it in your hand or use it in a messenger bag when you travel, B2 will be the best choice
For sharing the pictures, you can click on "Attach files" option, which comes at the bottom left (bottom right -> post reply)

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #190 of 271
Yes, B2 is different from other devices of the same type. It has no corresponding app to use. It has the function of USB DAC, which can be connected to the computer. At the same time, there is a microphone at the bottom, which can provide the call function after connecting to the mobile phone through Bluetooth. Compared with btr5, the voice of B2 has been significantly improved, but it also lost the portability in the pants pocket. The Bluetooth signal is very good. I tried about 7 meters without blocking, without obvious sound interruption. With my tri I3 and yuein, which is only sold in China RM12 is very good. If you can take it in your hand or use it in a messenger bag when you travel, B2 will be the best choice
okay you just convinced me. I have the btr5 currently. love the form factor, but it's a noticeable downgrade in SQ over the yinlumei s2. The s2 unfortunately is too flawed to be used on a normal basis, so i've been looking to replace it. The only concern I have with the b2 is the same you mentioned... it's big. Going to see if I can manage the size by getting going from a wallet to a money clip (in china i almost never need a wallet anyway). That should free up space in my pocket.

Jul 30, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #191 of 271
okay you just convinced me. I have the btr5 currently. love the form factor, but it's a noticeable downgrade in SQ over the yinlumei s2. The s2 unfortunately is too flawed to be used on a normal basis, so i've been looking to replace it. The only concern I have with the b2 is the same you mentioned... it's big. Going to see if I can manage the size by getting going from a wallet to a money clip (in china i almost never need a wallet anyway). That should free up space in my pocket.

Great! Please do share your impressions once you get them!
How does S2's SQ fare compared to other portable dac amps in the price range or higher, if you have tried any? (Say iFi Nano, iFi Hip, Fiio Q5s)
I know it won't be an apples to apples comparison as all of these are considerably heavier, but just wanted to understand (I would presume Audioquest lineup although being similar in size and price, won't compare as well with S2; have only heard the DFB and DFR though, and wasn't impressed much)

Jul 30, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #192 of 271
Great! Please do share your impressions once you get them!
How does S2's SQ fare compared to other portable dac amps in the price range or higher, if you have tried any? (Say iFi Nano, iFi Hip, Fiio Q5s)
I know it won't be an apples to apples comparison as all of these are considerably heavier, but just wanted to understand (I would presume Audioquest lineup although being similar in size and price, won't compare as well with S2; have only heard the DFB and DFR though, and wasn't impressed much)

sure thing. I'll definitely post impressions. Since I live in China I should hopefully have it within the next few days. I found a lightly used one for $200 shipped. Got lucky.
I would describe the S2's sq as warm and musical, with an emphasis on mids. Not the best treble or bass extension, but to me the sound is almost tube-like.
The only comparison that's close to fair would be the 9038S. The 9038S has excellent bass & treble extension, tons of power, but is clinical and "tight". I guess an analogy would be the 9038S is a powerful and clean class D amp, and the s2 sounds more like a quality class A/B amp.

Jul 30, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #193 of 271
sure thing. I'll definitely post impressions. Since I live in China I should hopefully have it within the next few days. I found a lightly used one for $200 shipped. Got lucky.
I would describe the S2's sq as warm and musical, with an emphasis on mids. Not the best treble or bass extension, but to me the sound is almost tube-like.
The only comparison that's close to fair would be the 9038S. The 9038S has excellent bass & treble extension, tons of power, but is clinical and "tight". I guess an analogy would be the 9038S is a powerful and clean class D amp, and the s2 sounds more like a quality class A/B amp.
If you can speak Chinese, you can join the official Chinese QQ group of yinlvmei. You can see the real devices of S3 and W1 in it, and some people who have already bought will answer your questions for you

Jul 30, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #194 of 271
If you can speak Chinese, you can join the official Chinese QQ group of yinlvmei. You can see the real devices of S3 and W1 in it, and some people who have already bought will answer your questions for you
Thank you for the invite. I'll join, but I only speak very basic chinese. I'm a foreigner living in China as a business expat. I'll be here for maybe one more year... maybe by then I'll know enough to actually contribute to the group in Chinese :smile:

Aug 2, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #195 of 271
b2 is in... I've only listened about 5 minutes, so proper impressions will soon be incoming.
z6hZUqI.jpg

But I can say hands down it sounds better than any mobile bt device I've heard. btr5 sounds thin and anemic in comparison. Not even close. But the thing is ugly and build quality feels cheap for a device of this price. The only thing that doesn't feel cheap is the nice, big analog volume control.
As you can see... I'm listening out of the SE 3.5mm jack. I have a 4.4 balanced cable on the way, but for now, all my balanced cables are only 2.5mm. Still sounds fantastic.
IEMs are Shouer EJ07 with a 8-core NICEHCK pure silver cable 2.2 balanced (converted to 3.5mm SE).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back