Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise
May 6, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #377 of 393
thats no a fair comparison. You should be comparing the Yggdrasil against dacs that is within its price range of usd$2k-$2.5k like the audio-gd master 7

But everyone always says the Yggdrasil outperforms all the DACs they've heard and even five figure DACs, so I kinda just assumed the most expensive DACs would be the only real competition.

May 6, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #379 of 393
thats no a fair comparison. You should be comparing the Yggdrasil against dacs that is within its price range of usd$2k-$2.5k like the audio-gd master 7

Assumption is the mother of all great fokkups
biggrin.gif

More like a logical deduction, anyway.

Master 7, eh? Well, here ya go...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/693798/thoughts-on-a-bunch-of-dacs-and-why-delta-sigma-sucks

The Yggdrasil ranked a few notches above it and all others.

May 10, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #381 of 393
It's gone awfully quiet on the Yggdrasil feedback front. Either people are really amazed or somewhat disappointed! Any update, from anyone?

May 10, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #382 of 393
^ Are you watching all the threads about Yggy?

Guessing, about 30 head-fiers identified themselves as part of the first Yggy batch. The first of them are only now reaching the one-week stage, others have only just received theirs.

There have been some interesting impressions: the best are where they heard something they didn't expect/weren't looking for. Jones Bob's measurements are pretty interesting too.

Still early days though...

May 10, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #383 of 393
^ Are you watching all the threads about Yggy?

Guessing, about 30 head-fiers identified themselves as part of the first Yggy batch. The first of them are only now reaching the one-week stage, others have only just received theirs.

There have been some interesting impressions: the best are where they heard something they didn't expect/weren't looking for. Jones Bob's measurements are pretty interesting too.

Still early days though...

+1 Well said. I had to return my first yggy, However my replacement Yggy has been warming up for 120 hours now, and it sounds great, I could not get over how good Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" sounded to my ears. I will write up more impressions once my yggy has been on for over 200 hours. I am sure more people will share their impressions, in the next couple of weeks.

May 10, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #384 of 393
I've been searching for an actual in depth review and haven't found one. Mostly debate over D/S vs R2R than anything else. I also looked around on other forums and was only able to dig up a few announcements about its release but that's about it.

I know John Darko (digital audio review) expressed interest in reviewing it but nothing since.

I've learned over time not to get too caught up in the anticipation game. Things rarely live up to the hype. But one never knows...

May 10, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #386 of 393
If I'm able to get the Yggdrasil in the next few months, I will be sure to publish all the thoughts I possibly can on it!

All the feedback seems to have migrated to this thread

I prefer threads with less posts, since I already post in tons of threads. Having to keep up with ones where there are posts every few minutes is too much work for me. I kinda wish people would post reviews in the proper section instead of forcing me to wade through endless irrelevant discussion to find the impressions I'm looking for. (I'm not implying that more active threads aren't worthwhile; just not my thing.)

May 10, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #387 of 393
simple test , if you can couple of Yggys on audiogon in the next few weeks than you will know about the "yggy" s hype,   if every first customer  keep their schiit than i will buy it new 
tongue_smile.gif

May 10, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #388 of 393
  simple test , if you can couple of Yggys on audiogon in the next few weeks than you will know about the "yggy" s hype,   if every first customer  keep their schiit than i will buy it new 
tongue_smile.gif

I'll tell you what — I'll sell you my Yggdrasil for $12600 so I can afford an EC Studio amp, and wait in line for another Yggy. 
cool.gif

May 11, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #389 of 393
I have a Levinson 38 pre amp, a pair of 500w bryston mono blocks and Dunleavy SC-IV's.  I compared it to the NAD m51.  NO COMPARISON.  The Yggdrasil simply blows it away.  My system suddenly has detail, clarity and tonal presence that never existed before.  The soundstage became incredibly precise.  And that's just with 24 hours burn in.  I got a call into a well to do friend of mine because I want to use his Grand Slam/Weiss Dac/Simaudio 880m for the next step up comparison.  No point in fooling around, let's see if it plays with the rich kids.

May 11, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #390 of 393
  I have a Levinson 38 pre amp, a pair of 500w bryston mono blocks and Dunleavy SC-IV's.  I compared it to the NAD m51.  NO COMPARISON.  The Yggdrasil simply blows it away.  My system suddenly has detail, clarity and tonal presence that never existed before.  The soundstage became incredibly precise.  And that's just with 24 hours burn in.  I got a call into a well to do friend of mine because I want to use his Grand Slam/Weiss Dac/Simaudio 880m for the next step up comparison.  No point in fooling around, let's see if it plays with the rich kids.

Which Weiss — the DAC1-MK3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back