Yet another Foobar2000 question...
Aug 10, 2011 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JGOelfke

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm relatively new to Foobar2000 and while I have most necessary functions figured out, I have one problem. When I try to rip CDs using the FLAC encoder, the program is unable to look up the CD info, such as track name, artist, etc. Is there a specific component I need to install or a setting I need to tweak? I've tried installing tagger components but so far no luck. Thanks for the help,

joe

Aug 10, 2011 at 3:42 AM Post #2 of 5
There should be no need of any extra component, once you've encoded the CD, select all track in order in the playlist, right click > tagging > freedb, and see of it works.
Use a fairly well known album to begin with.

Aug 10, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #3 of 5
There should be no need of any extra component, once you've encoded the CD, select all track in order in the playlist, right click > tagging > freedb, and see of it works.
Use a fairly well known album to begin with.

If you don't see this, you might have to reinstall foobar. I don't know if freedb tagging is part of the standard install. I always click custom and check this item, so I'm guessing he might not have installed this.

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #5 of 5
I re-installed foobar and added in the feature for freedb tagging and it worked! Thanks for the help. Up to now I've been using dbPowerAmp to rip into FLAC but just wanted to test out the CD ripping software in foobar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back