Year round footwear
Jul 15, 2008 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

malldian

Headphoneus Supremus
So I usually wear mocassins year round and would maybe done sneakers if the snow got a bit high (I live in PA/NJ... not to much snow). I need something that gives more padding but is good for everyday use (not a sneaker). Anyone have some shoe suggestions?

Jul 16, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A pair of Merrells if they fit your foot. I'd suggest a pair with Gore Tex since you want to wear them year round.

Merrell - Chameleon Wrap Traveler Gore Tex XCR

Merrills are nice, I've had a couple of pairs. I also like Teva's shoes for casual wear. Their sandals are terrific, too. I used to wear those through the rain up in Oregon - weren't exactly warm, but they have great traction and never slipped.

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #7 of 21
fishshoetm2.jpg

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #8 of 21
^ Niiice...lol

I either wear Vans or running shoes; I think you'll prefer the latter though.
tongue.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #10 of 21
I like my Etnies, although they don't have much in the way of padding or arch support. They have wonderfully flexible soles when worn in, which makes driving quite fun - the main reason I wear them.

I also like normal (not the gangsta) hiking boots. I've got a pair of dark brown Timberland boots, waterproof, that work with damn near anything I wear. Uninsulated, so they're not too bad in the summer, and they work in rain, snow, sleet, whatever.

Jul 17, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #12 of 21
I am really envious to those who can have a pair of year around footwear.
Over here we have weather varying from +30℃ down to -20℃. Sun, rain, snow, ice, ..

We need at least two pair of footwear to get us through the whole year. Where a third pair would be nice as well...

Jul 17, 2008 at 8:32 AM Post #13 of 21
I have difficulty with my feet and have fairly recently discovered New Balance shoes. Go to a NB store for fitting and to see the styles. Once you find one you like you can order via the web for a slightly cheaper price. They have everything from runners to walkers to dress shoes. The walkers make my feet happy.

Mooch

Jul 17, 2008 at 10:07 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am really envious to those who can have a pair of year around footwear.
Over here we have weather varying from +30℃ down to -20℃. Sun, rain, snow, ice, ..

We need at least two pair of footwear to get us through the whole year. Where a third pair would be nice as well...

Yeah, same here, temperature ranges from +30 to -30 every year so it's impossible to pick one pair of shoes. I spend half a year wearing heavy winter boots, in the winter with woollen socks underneath. In the summer it's usually warm enough to go with sneakers or even sandals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back