Yeah Yeah Yeahs new album available early (not illegal)
Mar 24, 2006 at 8:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Traumamc

Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I am a huge Yeah Yeah Yeahs fan, I am guessing some of you guys are also. They posted the entire album before it's release on their myspace page. It's streaming audio, so you can't download it and obviously there is nothing illegal since they posted it up on their myspace site.

Here's the link:

http://www.myspace.com/yeahyeahyeahs

And it's amazing!!!!!!!
basshead.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 10
Actually, you can usually capture streaming downloads quite easily. Although I've always wondered, if they allow you to stream it, you are essentially downloading the file right? It just gets buffered and then thrown out. So, if they give the music to you, but you don't throw it out, is it illegal to keep it?

Mar 24, 2006 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelconnor
Actually, you can usually capture streaming downloads quite easily. Although I've always wondered, if they allow you to stream it, you are essentially downloading the file right? It just gets buffered and then thrown out. So, if they give the music to you, but you don't throw it out, is it illegal to keep it?

I think you're correct--If you are allowed to listen to a stream, you can record it. It's no different than recording a TV show or a song from the radio for your own use.

Mar 24, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #5 of 10
i decided to wait, because they don't love me like i love them.

Mar 24, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Traumamc
bviously there is nothing illegal since they posted it up on their myspace site.

Not exactly. It is likely that the record label stole the copyrights from the artist, so the album isn't theirs to do this with.

Mar 24, 2006 at 9:18 PM Post #7 of 10
I'm not a big fan of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, but I have enjoyed the songs of theirs that I've heard in the past. That being said, I heard their new song "Gold Lion" a few weeks back and thought it was pretty irritating. I've yet to give the rest of the album a chance, but that one track didn't give me much hope.

As for downloading the streams, it's apparently quite easy to download music streams from MySpace. I won't offer any details as to how to do it, since I honestly don't know, but it's probably easier than you think it is.

Mar 25, 2006 at 5:22 AM Post #8 of 10
i liked fever to tell because it was a fun album and since hearing gold lion, i was a bit skeptical about the new album...but about to listen to the new album with no expectations. let's see how it goes.

edit: not playing then read this "SHOW YOUR BONES on the yyy myspace page from March 16th to the 21st. " ...well. damn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back