YAY! I finished painting my Grados (Purple Talking Dinosaur Style)
Nov 26, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #121 of 330
Congrats! They look very cool.
I ought to apply this to some of my Grados.
wink.gif

Here's a variation of the Barney mod I found
biggrin.gif
:

Nov 26, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #122 of 330

Quote:
I mean, look at them for a second, they are something UNIQUE.

Let's not conflate uniqueness and taste. Personally, I'm not going to put down mackat for his work (though I did find the colorized turd to be just too much), and he seems really laid back about the whole thing, which I think is awesome. 
wink.gif
 On the other hand, just because something is unique doesn't make it great. Execution, for one, is important, and I think that's where most of the comments in this thread--more or less tongue in cheek--are taking issue. The paint job leaves a lot to be desired, though if that was the intention, then I'm definitely not going to argue. Unique? Yes. Something I'd like done to my Beyers? Uh...I'm going to go with no.

To mackat: By all means keep creating. There were even some constructive suggestions in this thread. Use them for your next project. I am intimately associated with somebody who wishes to remain anonymous who would be more than happy to send you a pair of Sony MDR-V700DJ as a new canvas. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #126 of 330

Just kidding.
wink.gif
I actually agree with Uncle Erik. Your grados are now officially theft-proof. At least from adults...you may have to watch yourself around young children now.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
OP, I like your theft-proofing scheme.

Nov 26, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #130 of 330

Quote:
Congrats! They look very cool.
I ought to apply this to some of my Grados.
wink.gif

Here's a variation of the Barney mod I found
biggrin.gif
:

I can't say I much care for the color, but it is interesting to see an SR100--from the old days before all the three digit models ended with "25."

Nov 26, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #133 of 330
I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth....
blink.gif

I am hiding my SR60i's from now on!

Nov 26, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #134 of 330
Its impressive how this thread has got a lot of attention here.
Definitely the variation of the Barney mod is better. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back