YAY! I finished painting my Grados (Purple Talking Dinosaur Style)
Nov 30, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #197 of 330
For the many audio freaks on other forums who periodically feel the need to point to Head-Fi as the shallow end of audio, this thread is all the ammunition they need. My IQ dropped several points simply reading the title - we bemoan the success of Skullcandy while trumpeting this abomination.

Yes, I am a killjoy. I am also a killjoy who dislikes the fact that many who favor headphones over speakers (for practical more than sonic reasons) are automatically pigeonholed with comments like 'wouldnt you be happier over at Head-Fi' ?

estreeter

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #198 of 330
Why the purple and green? If you were to do that color scheme you should have taken your time on it. To describe the paint job is that it is like you left a five year old with paint brushes, the toddler does paint in the right area as well a little bit on the outside. Masking tape is your best friend in these situations, along with plastic adhesive spraypaint. Just to question you, what did you use to paint these, it doesn't look like spraypaint but more like handbrushed. Some things need to be handbrushed, this is not one of them.

I might try the same thing eventually once I upgrade. I will do a different color scheme, grey and black? Know what, forget that idea they look good how they are.

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #199 of 330
I don't know... do any of you guys honestly believe that he can not paint within the line...

Seem obvious to me that this "style" was done on purpose... he is happy with it and quite a few of us got a laugh out of it.  Isn't that enough?

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #200 of 330
Would you take a pair of $2000 speakers and paint them purple ? Would you buy a Luxman amp and adorn it with dayglo paint and sparkles ? Maybe you would, but it would pretty much remove any credibility you may have had previously, here or anywhere else. Perhaps we do take it a little too seriously, but until the price of kit comes down to around $9.99 a pop, I dont plan to start with the spraycans and glitter - YMMV.

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #201 of 330

Quote:
I wonder what would John Grado say .... or do, perhaps he commercialize the barnies who knows ...

He would probably test out thirty different kinds of paint, listen to each test unit to see if the sound was affected in any (positive, resonance-reducing) way, then pick which one he likes best and sell it as the SR70i.

Dec 1, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #204 of 330

Quote:
The haters are cursed with a veil upon their eyes. I can now see the full glory of the BRNY60. It is perfect.

Does your mum/dad/carer know you have internet access ? Please ask them if its OK for you to post in a big person's forum.

Thanks,

Uncle Estreeter

Dec 1, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #205 of 330
To the op : Kudos for posting this. You tried something new, and shared the results with others. This adds information others can learn from, and is the very foundation of the online world we all use (people sharing their knowledge to benefit others). Don't mind all the haters, their not helping anyone.

Dec 1, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #208 of 330

Quote:
was this guy a troll?

Sadly, no - he (?) produced a photo of his handiwork (!), indicating (to me anyway) that he was prepared to sacrifice a pair of Grados for a few cheap laughs on an internet forum. They arent usually quite so committed to the cause.

Dec 1, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #209 of 330
oh....my.....GOD

what is this i dont even....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back