Yanyin Discussion thread
Jul 11, 2022 at 8:37 AM Post #1,621 of 2,418
if the manufacturer keeps the brand and face - there are no price barriers for him :)

I just shared that the quality is not very good, and also my connectors are loose. Hmm, the price is clearly 2 times too high, our headphones with such a sound cost 2-3 times cheaper.
Canon's SQ at 100$? I think you are confusing cost of materials with cost of the product. Running business is a lot more complicated than assembling IEMs.

20220711_174240.jpg

IMG_20220711_134532_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpgIMG_20220711_134525_GC6.1_gamma1.8.jpg3.5mm jack a ....trash 😭 a lot of oxides, as if it had been used. this is terrible, i paid 300$ for such quality. Strange stickers on cable... I dont understand.

Sorry, Yanyin doesn't recomended for buying
Maybe the seller sent you a Canon that was already returned once?
Seems like refund is the best way to go.

Jul 11, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #1,622 of 2,418
o

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #1,623 of 2,418
It seems like you’re in a complaint hole and making less and less sense, at least to me as a reader/viewer of what you’re sharing. Jack looks normal/fine. Sticker? Take it off?

Who did you buy from? When my connectors on my Aladdin were loose after quite a few months, I sent my pair to Penon who sent me a replacement even while dealing with Yanyin on my behalf, due to delays from HK to mainland China. So I was well taken care of, and Penon were able to do that because they knew Yanyin would take care of their part of things in due time.

To be fair to Yanyin - they need the original back to learn from it and to make sure they’re not being ripped off by one person in the internet sending someone else in the internet’s photos, but that is what almost all companies would expect before giving a refund or replacement. If you went with an AliExpress in-between, pursuing warranty might be much harder. But you had a choice where to buy it from, Yanyin can’t help that step. They don’t have proof of sale/customer by the sounds of it.

Edit: simple version:
  1. Not sure what’s meant to be wrong with your cable complaints
  2. If you’re not buying direct from manufacture (not possible as far as I’m aware) the seller you chose is very important for what your return/refund/warranty options will be as they are the ones with documentation who have to bridge the gap.
I understand everything, but when such headphones come to me that I have to tell my friends about, what should I do? what if my friends come in the same condition as me? i can't lie :frowning2: you know, I'm just wasting time, spending money, I paid a good amount, but these headphones came to me, agree - it's not nice? :) It’s just that if you keep silent about this, then this will continue to happen, I received an initially defective product, the manufacturer is to blame, not me.

In no case do I want to do anti-marketing, on the contrary, I bought them to get rid of disgusting cheap headphones, but something didn’t go according to plan :)

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #1,624 of 2,418
Lets to Google Snowy88 iems :)
BA-only (Bellsing drivers) IEMs for $200+ ? No, thank you.

I understand everything, but when such headphones come to me that I have to tell my friends about, what should I do? what if my friends come in the same condition as me? i can't lie :frowning2: you know, I'm just wasting time, spending money, I paid a good amount, but these headphones came to me, agree - it's not nice? :) It’s just that if you keep silent about this, then this will continue to happen, I received an initially defective product, the manufacturer is to blame, not me.

In no case do I want to do anti-marketing, on the contrary, I bought them to get rid of disgusting cheap headphones, but something didn’t go according to plan :)
I have ~300 headphones/IEMs/earbuds, and even expensive ones sometimes have faults. Nothing is 100%.
Your problem is with the store that ignores you, not with Yanyin.

P.S. It's looks incredibly bad that you are complaining about Yanyin, when you are making and selling IEMs too.
P.P.S. If you are making and selling IEMs, you must register on Head-Fi as "member of the trade", or you'll get banned.

Jul 11, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #1,625 of 2,418
Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #1,626 of 2,418
I don't, this is my friend. it's hard to convey the sound and emotions, but the sound is of a high level, so welcome to us 😄👍
You are complaining about service you are getting from a proper online store, and suggest instead to buy it from your friend, who doesn't have a store or even a price list, and requires people to contact him directly? How is he going to provide worldwide service from Russia?

I can't think of a worse idea right now than buying DIY IEMs from Russia.

Anyway, you should simply return your Canon and enjoy your friends IEMs.

Let's get back to talking about Yanyin.

Jul 11, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #1,627 of 2,418
Yes, I did not say to buy, I just said that there is such a level and that's it. :wink:
I generally asked for contacts to contact the manufacturer bypassing the store 😀

Jul 11, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #1,628 of 2,418
Yes, I did not say to buy, I just said that there is such a level and that's it. :wink:
I generally asked for contacts to contact the manufacturer bypassing the store 😀
There is a phone number on the box.

Jul 11, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #1,629 of 2,418
Update on my earlier comment regarding upper mids - I'm not hearing it now, it might have been just brain burn-in after listening to single DDs beforehand.

Love the balance on Moonlight, working with any genres I've thrown at them. Also, I was concerned they may not have enough sub bass but I'm absolutely satisfied with them in that regard - lovely quality and extends sufficiently for genres that call for it.

20220711_163630.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 11, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #1,631 of 2,418
Couldn't agree more. "000" is the most natural sounding one, it's like an improved version of UM Mest JP.
Sometimes I do enjoy the extra bass on "100", but "000" just makes everything sound good.

How would you compare Canon on "000" with Moonlight? You wrote your review before switching to "000", do you think now that Canon is closer to Moonlight in how natural it sounds?
Moonlight vs. 000 Canon is still fairly similar to what I wrote in my review, although the 000 Canon does get closer to the Moonlight in staging (but still falling behind somewhat in imaging and soundstage depth). The tonality of the Moonlight is still noticably more natural to my ear, with the 000 Canon being a more V-shaped "fun" tuning though still very refined for what it is. But there is definitely an emphasis on the low end in the 000 Canon that makes it less tonally balanced than the Moonlight. The treble is also still better on the Moonlight, although the 000 Canon makes up for this a bit by being more coherent due to the lack of EST flavor.

But again, it's only recently that I switched in earnest to 000, so my opinions may develop further.

Jul 11, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #1,633 of 2,418
New Moonlight owner here.... After hoping for them to arrive this past Friday, I had to wait over the weekend, which is never fun. Anyway, definitely worth the wait as initial impression after a couple of my favorite tracks is very, very good! Looking forward to getting to know the sound signature better, and try my various cables & tips.

Jul 11, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #1,634 of 2,418
New Moonlight owner here.... After hoping for them to arrive this past Friday, I had to wait over the weekend, which is never fun. Anyway, definitely worth the wait as initial impression after a couple of my favorite tracks is very, very good! Looking forward to getting to know the sound signature better, and try my various cables & tips.
Great to hear, how do you like high frequencies, do they have enough energy to you? Guitar, cymbals? Interested in Moonlight as well but afraid it might be too safely tuned too me since I like more energetic stuff, on the other hand people claim that it has enough energy to high frequencies.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #1,635 of 2,418
Great to hear, how do you like high frequencies, do they have enough energy to you? Guitar, cymbals? Interested in Moonlight as well but afraid it might be too safely tuned too me since I like more energetic stuff, on the other hand people claim that it has enough energy to high frequencies.
The ESTs make them much more energetic than the graph would lead me to believe. Very balanced, not at all dark IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back