Yanyin Discussion thread
Oct 16, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #631 of 2,418
I think I like them even more than the Teas which I consider a very serious earphone as well...
But man...... these are true Chameleons...
Easily can reproduce every single
genre in my whole library with finesse and a romantic unique air.....and absolutely recommended for long listening sessions...
A seriously good earphone with a superb mature tuning it has become all ready a favorite for me right from the first listening....
Mush more versatile than the Teas (soundwise) and the note weight/tonality across the entire FR seems to be right on spot....
Those are definitely keepers.....
I was actually ask how these are vs. Teas, but you beat me to it by a couple of hours. So far it seems they're superior / more coherent, it seems? Probably going to jump on them as an upgrade after GS Audio GD3A as something more neutral/balanced, it really does seem like they check all the boxes. The only question is these vs. Teas, and whether Canon is worth paying the extra $130 for or however much the difference is.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #632 of 2,418
I was actually ask how these are vs. Teas, but you beat me to it by a couple of hours. So far it seems they're superior / more coherent, it seems? Probably going to jump on them as an upgrade after GS Audio GD3A as something more neutral/balanced, it really does seem like they check all the boxes. The only question is these vs. Teas, and whether Canon is worth paying the extra $130 for or however much the difference is.
It depends probably on how much of a basshead are you at the end of the day...
I mean that the canons (as their name already implies...) are V shaped emphasized at both of the ends of the spectrum....
Alladin are accurate, balanced with a noticeable sub bass emphasis. The sub bass rumble is more than enough for my taste there...
Alladins resembles the Teas in many ways but seems to be a tad more full bodied / and more suitable for a variety of music genres and less linear than the Teas.
A better all-rounder 100% than the Teas.
At first listen, (and in A/B comparison afterwards with the Teas) seems more coherent in overall (as a unit), meaning that the drivers work better as an entity providing this way a more steady / natural reproduction. The timbre is fantastic for my taste especially in the mid area and there is more than plenty of room/headroom/space for instruments to breathe and occupy their own place in stage.
Depth and layering is an advantage here, I tried the alladins with quite complex multilayered electronica tracks and I felt zero congestion whatsoever there...
Depth of the scene is more than satisfying for the price also..
The stage is wide and right on spot in every single track I listened to with all of the micro details and stellar imaging..
In other words.... top notch representation in an affordable price...
The only downside if I can use this term I noticed upon first listen would be a touch of a BA timbre on the upper frequency but that's not a big deal at all
For example.... fearless S6Rui which costs double the money there has seriously more issues towards BA timbre and far more artificial sounding treble not suitable at all for longer listening sessions....
It's not even worth to talk about it because at their price point the Alladins exhibit stupidly good sound quality..
I feel lucky to have them finally
Those are true keepers.....

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #633 of 2,418
So, I received the 7HZ Timeless for audition and review. I must say I was mighty impressed by it. As promised to @ttorbic , here is a brief comparison with Yanyin Aladdin from a very brief listening:

Timeless vs. Aladdin:
  • Timeless has sharper notes, Aladdin notes are slightly smoother, but still enough crisp
  • Timelesss Notes are a bit leaner, Aladdin notes are a bit fuller
  • Due to the leaner notes, Timeless has a tiny bit more airy sound than Aladdin
  • While details are similar, Aladdin notes are more well defined and lively, sounds bigger. Aladdin notes sound a bit compressed and smaller.
  • Timeless has a more v-shaped sound, adding a bit more depth to the stage. Aladdin has slightly more forward mids.
  • Bass of Timeless is VERY good, goes deep, sounds full bodied, and yet has enough speed not to muddy the midrange. Fast, big, juicy bass - loved it! Aladdin has a much more controlled bass response compared to Timeless - midbass has less emphasis and sounds less full bodied, although not hollow.
  • Aladdin has a slightly warmer tonality, Timeless has a slightly cooler tonality.
  • Treble responses of both are very comparable - energy and extension-wise. So I can't really pick out one over the other.
  • Width of soundstage is similar on both, depth is slightly better on Timeless, while height is considerably better on Aladdin, which provides a better, more complete, and more grand presentation.
  • Timeless has a slightly cleaner and darker background than Aladdin.
All listening was done through Balanced out of Shanling M3X in High Gain. Volume matching was done before comparison.
Cheers!...I really like your comparison! :beerchug:

BUT, I can't help noticing if in two of your sentences there might be a typo?
You said "and I quote" "-Aladdin notes sounds bigger" "-Aladdin notes sound compressed and smaller"?

...Did you mean to say Timeless in one of the two sentences?

NOTE: I bolded the words so that you can check if it was just a typo, and nothing more.

-Clear

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #634 of 2,418
Cheers!...I really like your comparison! :beerchug:

BUT, I can't help noticing if in two of your sentences there might be a typo?
You said "and I quote" "-Aladdin notes sounds bigger" "-Aladdin notes sound compressed and smaller"?

...Did you mean to say Timeless in one of the two sentences?
Entirely my bad. It should be Timeless in the second sentence. I will correct now. Thank you for pointing it out...I wonder how silly mistakes like these happen...*smh*

Oct 18, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #636 of 2,418
I just spent 4 hrs straight listening to the Aladdin, and I can confidently say that these are 1. Super comfortable, 2. Non-fatiguing, 3. Have beautiful tonality. Full impressions coming soon(ish)!

Oct 20, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #637 of 2,418
@Ace Bee how are you finding the Timeless now? Still prefer Aladdin over the Timeless? So many rave reviews about the Timeless - that thing is getting hyped up to the max! Must be good, but I'm not sure if I need it 😂

Oct 20, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #638 of 2,418
@Ace Bee how are you finding the Timeless now? Still prefer Aladdin over the Timeless? So many rave reviews about the Timeless - that thing is getting hyped up to the max! Must be good, but I'm not sure if I need it 😂
man, honestly, I am preferring Timeless over Aladdin now. They are quite different, so it will do you good if you get one. Again, timeless has grown up on me massively, but simply because I have Land I do not want to go for it. But it is outstanding, and I will probably give it a 5 star.

Oct 20, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #639 of 2,418
I have both the Timeless and the Aladdin as well, and if I could only keep one I'd keep the Timeless. Aladdin is a very good set, but the Timeless has fewer compromises - Timeless wins in bass extension/texture, doesn't suffer from "BA timbre" like the Aladdin, and the Timeless maintains its technical abilities better during complex/demanding passages. Timeless has basically redefined my expectations for this price bracket.

Oct 20, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #640 of 2,418
I have both the Timeless and the Aladdin as well, and if I could only keep one I'd keep the Timeless. Aladdin is a very good set, but the Timeless has fewer compromises - Timeless wins in bass extension/texture, doesn't suffer from "BA timbre" like the Aladdin, and the Timeless maintains its technical abilities better during complex/demanding passages. Timeless has basically redefined my expectations for this price bracket.
What do you feel about the midrange of Aladdin compared to Timeless?

Oct 20, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #641 of 2,418
What do you feel about the midrange of Aladdin compared to Timeless?
I think Aladdin has midrange pushed more forward, maybe more intimate is the right way to describe it, like the midrange is definitely the most prominent focal point of the entire sound on Aladdin. Maybe more raw detail in the Aladdin midrange too. But I also think that Timeless has better timbre and separation in the mids.

Oct 20, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #642 of 2,418
Interesting! I'm still training my ears, so I don't think I recognise the BA timbre sound. Is it pronounced in the Aladdin? I vaguely recall reading on this thread that this set doesn't suffer much from BA timbre..

Oct 20, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #643 of 2,418
Interesting! I'm still training my ears, so I don't think I recognise the BA timbre sound. Is it pronounced in the Aladdin? I vaguely recall reading on this thread that this set doesn't suffer much from BA timbre..
Yeah, Aladdin has noticeable BA timbre in the mids/treble. Don't really have a great way to describe it, just that BA drivers sound slightly "artificial". Some say plasticky or metallic.

Oct 21, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #644 of 2,418
I take the word of timbre-heads that it’s there, but I think my ears aren’t trained enough to hear it either, with this set at least.

I do find the BA timbre of the Blessing 2 really pretty bad though, so there are cases where I notice it.

Jumping to the Fdx1 for a week was interesting because there was something about strings/group choral singing which did just sound better and I’d chalk that up to timbre of DD vs BA. But at least without direct comparison, nothing sounds artificial to me on the Aladdins. Running bowed and plucked strings, and choral music, through them all the time.

Oct 21, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #645 of 2,418
Yeah, Aladdin isn't the worst offender in terms of BA timbre, like it's nothing as bad as ER4 series in that regard. However it's noticeable to me in back-to-back listening with the Aladdin other sets. Even with the very inexpensive DD-based KZ DQ6 there is a noticeable difference to me where the DQ6 sounds more natural than the Aladdin in terms of timbre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back