Yamamoto Sound Craft HA-02
Aug 28, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #451 of 1,351
Keg, from the date you cite, its been 2months now. Others that have ordered in July have received there unit. You'd have to go back a page in the thread to find out who. Time to phone someone??? I was told a month and a half.

Aug 29, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #452 of 1,351
I just spoke to Brian, who just got back from vacation, and he said that my Yamamoto amp should be here in a few days. So, I'll just sit back and wait impatiently for a bit longer.

Aug 29, 2007 at 11:05 AM Post #454 of 1,351
I had sent Brain a note asking him for a status update and telling him that one person here had his CC hit for the remaining payment. He responded early this morning telling me that yes his unit would be shipping this week and that I should be expecting my unit to be shipped within two weeks if Yamamoto-San keeps his current shipping schedule.

Aug 29, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #455 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered an HA-02 from Brian, at Venus HiFi, on 6/29, and paid in full. So far I haven't received the amp., or any recent info from Brian regarding when It'll arrive. How long have others been waiting at this point?

I ordered directly from Yamamoto-san on 6/28, paid in full. But I haven't received any recent info from him regarding when It'll be shipped.

Aug 29, 2007 at 2:21 PM Post #456 of 1,351
I wonder what the financial burdon on a distributor is to keep a $1000 item in stock? How much would it add to the cost of the item?

Probably a mute point since they HA-02 is hand made and the real limiting factor seems to be actually producing the amp.

Mitch

Aug 29, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #457 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by shiosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered directly from Yamamoto-san on 6/28, paid in full. But I haven't received any recent info from him regarding when It'll be shipped.

Also ordered mine direct from Yamamoto-san, was originally quoted 8 weeks to delivery, and eventually got it almost 13 weeks later ... , and have been enjoying it ever since - most thoroughly ...

Oh, and 11 days of that 13 weeks was shipping time ...

Aug 29, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #458 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder what the financial burdon on a distributor is to keep a $1000 item in stock? How much would it add to the cost of the item?

Probably increase the price by a third or so, to the region of $1500 ...

Quote:

Probably a mute point since they HA-02 is hand made and the real limiting factor seems to be actually producing the amp.

Agreed, seems one would not get enough HA-02's to be able to keep them in stock anyhow ...

Aug 29, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #459 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by java /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably increase the price by a third or so, to the region of $1500 ...
Agreed, seems one would not get enough HA-02's to be able to keep them in stock anyhow ...

My general observation is that the price doubles at each location up the delivery train. I think that if someone really wanted to stock this unit it would go for at least 1500$ and depending on the sales velocity would probably require an even higher price. So we are really getting a great deal with the price we have been offer.

Aug 29, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #460 of 1,351
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My general observation is that the price doubles at each location up the delivery train. I think that if someone really wanted to stock this unit it would go for at least 1500$ and depending on the sales velocity would probably require an even higher price. So we are really getting a great deal with the price we have been offer.

Well, I am very happy with mine, when I received it, my sound was dramatically upgraded, when I received my Genesis Triton interconnect, my sound was once again, dramatically improved ... , now the only thing I can do to improve my sound is buy a better CD playing device, and possibly upgrade my HD 580's to HD 600's/650's ... , tho I seriously doubt, that doing either or both, would give me anywhere near as substantial a increase in sound quality, as my Yamamoto or Genesis Triton upgrade ... , will cost dramatically more than I paid for both the Yamamoto, and the Genesis Triton interconnect to-gether ...

Aug 29, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #461 of 1,351
Quote:

Well, I am very happy with mine, when I received it, my sound was dramatically upgraded, when I received my Genesis Triton interconnect, my sound was once again, dramatically improved ... , now the only thing I can do to improve my sound is buy a better CD playing device, and possibly upgrade my HD 580's to HD 600's/650's ... , tho I seriously doubt, that doing either or both, would give me anywhere near as substantial a increase in sound quality, as my Yamamoto or Genesis Triton upgrade ... , will cost dramatically more than I paid for both the Yamamoto, and the Genesis Triton interconnect to-gether ...

OK, what is a Genesis Triton interconnect? I fail to find anything on Google using this for a search except references to threads posted by you.

Thanks

Aug 29, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #462 of 1,351
Quote:

OK, what is a Genesis Triton interconnect? I fail to find anything on Google using this for a search except references to threads posted by you.

Well Genesis interconnect, is handmade by a local bloke, and I have not heard anything as transparent, also another head-fier, Afrikane, who has a far superior setup than myself, swears by it ... , Triton, is the second interconnect he has made, and is better than the previous Proton version. He also has a proto-type power cable that a friend has a version of, that has improved the sound of his system ... , am organising to get one to test for myself ...

Aug 29, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #463 of 1,351
Quote:

Well Genesis interconnect, is handmade by a local bloke, and I have not heard anything as transparent, also another head-fier, Afrikane, who has a far superior setup than myself, swears by it ... , Triton, is the second interconnect he has made, and is better than the previous Proton version. He also has a proto-type power cable that a friend has a version of, that has improved the sound of his system ... , am organising to get one to test for myself ...

So I would expect this to be better than an RCA from Blue Jeans cable.
wink.gif

Aug 29, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #464 of 1,351
Quote:

So I would expect this to be better than an RCA from Blue Jeans cable.
wink.gif

Considerably ...
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2007 at 7:35 AM Post #465 of 1,351
Speaking of cables for the Yamamoto; I was looking at upgrading my ICs. I have the lower model 6N-A2110II Acrolink RCAs now and really like them.
Now I'm looking at 6N-A2400II which is x5 the cost. Oddly enough, this costs as much as the Nordost Red Dawn (which I liked) in Japan, just a tad over 45,000 Yen. Though TTVJ.com has the Red dawn listed at half that. I feel like Homer Simpson: What should I do? What are other's using? Cables as much as the unit itself?

http://www.acrolink.jp/english/products/6n_a2400_2.html

For sure I will also order the Arco 6N-P4030PC power cable. It's a very well known, award-winning power cable in Japan for about 25,000 Yen. I'm doing that to avoid the reportedly rare hum issue. I really don't feel like going over this price point on the first go around (or ever for a power cable with no power conditioning).

http://www.acrolink.jp/english/products/6n_p4030pc.html

It's an interesting read. The company is assoicted with Esoteric and has an absolute army of engineers working for them. They actually make high-end wire for all sorts of applications (with mitsubishi corp.). If I'm being dramatic: they are the Nordost of Japan, with prices to match! hahah! As discussed previously in this thread, I want to try to go from front to back with Japanese gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back