Headphoneus Supremus
Apr 13, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #2 of 12
I just saw this too. This is quoted from their website:

Quote:

All Press Releases
01/25/2008
Hear, Here: Yamaha's New Professional Quality Monitor Headphone
— Exceptional Sound and Extra Comfort —

BUENA PARK, Calif. — Yamaha introduces the new RH10MS Professional Monitor Headphones with S-Logic™ Technology. Yamaha's legendary studio monitors have been the industry standard for their signature sound, accuracy and classic silhouette for more than two decades. The RH10MS Professional Monitor Headphones carry on that tradition; in addition to offering true fidelity, the white plating on the outer ear cuffs is reminiscent of Yamaha's signature white-cone studio monitor speakers.

Yamaha RH10MS
Yamaha RH10MS headphones
The RH10MS's S-Logic™ 3-Dimensional Natural Surround delivers a new standard in digital surround that sends sounds around the listener's head, not just into it. Without relying on tricks like artificial echo or digital processing, the system allows listeners to experience music just the way the sound mixer produced it.

"S-Logic is a wonderful innovation," said Kenya Austin, product manager, Yamaha Accessory Products. "Instead of hitting the inner ear directly, the signals are reflected off the surface of the outer ear in different directions. The effect simulates listening to speakers several feet away and lets listeners perceive the same volume at significantly lower sound pressure."

The RH10MS weighs 265 grams, excluding the three meter cord, and offers 18-21,000k frequency response, 32 Ohms impedance and 96 db sensitivity. The headphones, which include a 1/4" adaptor, are compatible with all audio devices and feature an ergonomic design and padded band that provide ultimate comfort for extended wear. Also included is a velour pouch for added protection during storage.

The RH10MS professional monitor headphones (MSRP: $159) are expected to ship in January, 2008.

It would be cool if they used Ultrasone's S-logic tech, but with a Yamaha sound signature instead of the crazy peaks and valley's of the ultrasones

Apr 13, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #3 of 12
They are rebadged Ultrasone HFI-450s. I have both and except for the branding they are 100% identical, SQ included. Not too shabby, either.

ultrasonehfi450.jpg

yamaharh10ms.jpg

Apr 13, 2010 at 9:02 AM Post #7 of 12
well excuse me!
tongue_smile.gif

But that thread seems to have ended with a different conclusion:

Quote:

Not exactly rebadged, I would say.

The HFI550 has a 50mm driver, while RH10MS sports a 40mm driver.

Apr 13, 2010 at 9:34 AM Post #8 of 12
Sound wise no difference, better, worse? I was quite curious when I found out about this headphone but some things about the Yamaha seemed too 'shady.'

Jun 30, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #10 of 12
I just got a pair of rh10 in and damn these sound good, they dethrone all my current headphones. The sound stage is so..... Wow.
The bass is shaking my head. These sound a helluva lot better than the hfi550 I demoed. They def have the Yamaha speaker house sound. To me at least. Sirenia, Katra, Wendy Rule , night wish, rebellion, and kamelot sound divine on these. The only other headphones that really make my skull sing are my Sansui ss50, or the Yammie HP-2
I don't want to take these off. I honestly can say with the exception of vintages, I've found my sweet set. Yamaha is the sound that fits me. I might look to their current top end headphones and IEMs. I personally think Yamaha is underrated and under appreciated. Just me tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back