Yamaha PRO Headphones.
Jul 12, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #481 of 531
Hi
I bought this headphone 2 days back. It worked well. Today I cannot get any sound from the right speaker. Not sure what happened. I tried with Sony Walkman, my Apple laptop as well as my Yamaha amplifier.
The sound just coming from the right side of the headphone.
Any ideas ?

Jul 13, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #482 of 531
  Hi
I bought this headphone 2 days back. It worked well. Today I cannot get any sound from the right speaker. Not sure what happened. I tried with Sony Walkman, my Apple laptop as well as my Yamaha amplifier.
The sound just coming from the right side of the headphone.
Any ideas ?

Have you tried plugging the cable into the other side of the headphones? I had the same problem, it worked when plugged into one ear but not the other so I exchanged them.

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #485 of 531
Got lucky and caught the P500s on Amazon's lightning deal today for $150.

At that price it would be impossible not to like them. I paid $300- they're worth it even at that price, imo. Pro500s don't get enough love on here, they sound like an all-around upgrade to the M-100: more impact in the bass, more forward, detailed mids and further extended highs...personally I think they have the most exciting, natural sound of all the HPs in my collection.

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #486 of 531
At that price it would be impossible not to like them. I paid $300- they're worth it even at that price, imo. Pro500s don't get enough love on here, they sound like an all-around upgrade to the M-100: more impact in the bass, more forward, detailed mids and further extended highs...personally I think they have the most exciting, natural sound of all the HPs in my collection.

That's the impression I got when I looked at this thread and some of the reviews.

One thing that attracted them to me was how people described them as in between the K550s and UE6000, but better than both. And that's a sound I would like. The only thing that worries me is the comfort issue, but I don't generally wear headphones more than hour or so at a pop. I'm crossing my fingers it wil.

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #487 of 531
That's the impression I got when I looked at this thread and some of the reviews.

One thing that attracted them to me was how people described them as in between the K550s and UE6000, but better than both. And that's a sound I would like. The only thing that worries me is the comfort issue, but I don't generally wear headphones more than hour or so at a pop. I'm crossing my fingers it wil.

Then I don't think you'll have any problems at all.
The fit was the ONLY reason I let them go really. One of the best sounding bassy headphones I've had the pleasure to listen to.

Jul 14, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #488 of 531
Then I don't think you'll have any problems at all.
The fit was the ONLY reason I let them go really. One of the best sounding bassy headphones I've had the pleasure to listen to.

That's good to know :)

And if I don't like them, I might just put them up on the for sale forums for a few days instead of RMAing them to Amazon right away. See if someone else wants a good deal :)

Jul 22, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #491 of 531
Got lucky and caught the P500s on Amazon's lightning deal today for $150. Looking forward to hearing them
biggrin.gif

I caught that same deal. Evaluating the Pro 500s now with some EQing.  Pretty good sound (not great imho) so far and tight fit but no less comfy then the Momentums I tried (they were a bit too small; these a bit big but neither super comfy.)  However, the P500s are INCREDIBLY efficient. Don't need an amp and amping seems to make little difference so far. Wanted something easier and to drive and bassier than my HD598s.

Jul 23, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #492 of 531
However, the P500s are INCREDIBLY efficient. Don't need an amp and amping seems to make little difference so far. Wanted something easier and to drive and bassier than my HD598s.

It's amazing how efficient they are, isn't it? I was really surprised by that. .

Jul 23, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #493 of 531
It's amazing how efficient they are, isn't it? I was really surprised by that. .

It really caught me off guard. Here I've been trying diff amps/players all this time to "push" headphones. Figured I'd try the P500s for the price and may keep 'em just for amp being optional. They're getting better the more I listen too.....

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #495 of 531
  Has anybody used Yamaha PRO 500 directly with FiiO X3? I would be very interested to hear how they performed.
Thanks
smile.gif

Returned my X3 long ago but I did try the Pro500s with the Fiio E17. Sound was neither neutral nor very warm but had good separation and somewhat accurate; along with the Pro500s usual boosted bass/midrange. Still, bass isn't overly done (imo) and I've found that changing the gain can work almost like turning a bass boost on/off since they're so efficient. Using the X3s EQ settings should give even more room to tailor the sound u want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back