Yamaha Porsche designed headphones
Mar 26, 2006 at 2:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

craigc

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Im feeling retro and nostalgic and as a result I am on a quest to find these dull and impracticle headphones. Black or white, not bothered as long as they work or are servicable....

Can anyone bear to let theres go? Cash waiting, obviously.

Love the forum, many headphone memories!!!

Craig

Mar 26, 2006 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 46
Hello,

are you talking this?
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/design/produ...006/index.html

I have YHL-003 in original box and manual no longer used, but unfortunatelly ear form pad were already worn out. I don't expect Yamaha services '80 product. It still sounds nice though. If you still are interested in them, PM me.

Akira

Mar 26, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #3 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by akira
It still sounds nice though.

Hmmm, actually I never found the sound any good - but it sure is a funny and fairly unique construction. I've got a black one, btw.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Mar 26, 2006 at 6:17 PM Post #5 of 46
They were indeed hot. I remember when they were released, I was heavily into my Yamaha branded hi-fi seperates, and thought that the quality they were known for would have been the same with the headphones. However, they were a major sonic dissapointment. However, in this age of bland white-pod ear buds etc etc etc, im just in the mood for something "interesting and different" regardless of the overall PBQ. The black pair I had were destroyed when a paasing Cyclist caught the cable and yanked the off my head, seperating the cord from the unit, and I never fixed them, and stupidly threw them away.

Can I find a pair on EBAY? Not a chance, so I will have a chat with AKIRA and see if we can come to an arrangement. Missing foam can be replicated.

Akira, what color are they?

Mar 26, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #6 of 46
YHL-0036.jpg

For those that have not seen them, here are some more...

Mar 26, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #8 of 46
wow, those are WAY ahead of there time, in style anyways. I would own every colour if it was 2020 or around there.
tongue.gif

Mar 26, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #9 of 46
That's a really cool design. Too bad the sound wasn't great, but I guess you can't expect any miracles with drivers this small...

Mar 26, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #11 of 46
Those ARE slick. What other driver could you actually jam in there though? A KSC would never fit, right?

Mar 26, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #12 of 46
I think I'll be the only one to say that those are absolutely hideous.
tongue.gif
I never was a fan of science fiction anyways.

Mar 26, 2006 at 7:53 PM Post #13 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Those ARE slick. What other driver could you actually jam in there though? A KSC would never fit, right?

I can't read any Japanese, but I guess the 23 mm / 25 mm spec is the driver diameter... no way to get any 40 mm drivers in there. The earpieces look that small, too.

Mar 26, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #14 of 46
The white ones would really look smart with an iPOD or Zen XTRA..... I cant stand in ear buds, and my proper headphones are too nice for wearing out and about.

Anyway, waiting to hear from AKIRA, but still open to finding more if anyone has a pair they are willing to sell.

Mar 26, 2006 at 9:20 PM Post #15 of 46
porsche designed these headphones way back when
now ferrari has an LCD screen
now I'm hearing of a lambo laptop?

what's the world coming to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back