Yamaha HPH-Pro 500 Review
May 14, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #47 of 139
  yeah i never really got how motor bikes fitted in with the rest of the company, assuming it is still the same company.

Apparently Yamaha is a conglomerate composed of many companies in the same network. The company that makes the motorcycles is separate from their music manufacturing company, yet is part of the same group. It's kind of like Philips.

May 14, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #50 of 139
Thanks but he's not. He doesn't own them anymore though he loved em'. I almost bought em' but it was the day I found the sz so I never did but they punch very very hard. Not good looking but heavy hitters.

I have gotten 3 "I don't own these anymore's" already.
They are great sounding
Hard hitting...very hard hitting 
but not a good look and fit is odd for average to big eared people.

If you come across a 500 owner/basshead send em my way 
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #51 of 139
oh i can assure the bass has very hard impact.  granted im no basshead but the 500s bass was epically forceful.  for me it was not at all what i expected from yamaha particularly with the "Pro" moniker.

and yeah i thought they were still the same group.  i just never got where motorbikes fit with the rest of things.  engineering is engineering i suppose?

May 14, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #52 of 139
These are top 10 hammers. I almost bought em'. They can bang harder than any celebrity endorsed can. They are in the top 5 for Hip Hop bass hits between 40-80Hz.

I just can't find a happy basshead owner who wants to put them to work (no distorting off course) so folks who ask about the hardest hitting cans can find them and the Yamaha...as it is one of them. 

I'll keep hunting
cool.gif

May 14, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #53 of 139
I picked up a pair of these brand new for $99 AUD shipped. Some eBay member claimed to have two pairs they won in a sales competition. (they had zero feedback) Knowing I'd get my money back from PayPal if it went sour I took the risk. The next day I receive a tracking number then sure enough 3 days later this arrived to my door.

(keep in mind the cheapest we can get this headphone in Australia is about $400 Aud)

Granted, they're bassy, especially for the first hour however they're so damn addictive to listen too, and terribly easy to drive straight from Sansa Clip Zip. I really REALLY like them.

I'm on my phone atm, but can answer any questions later.

May 14, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #54 of 139
I picked up a pair of these brand new for $99 AUD shipped. Some eBay member claimed to have two pairs they won in a sales competition. (they had zero feedback) Knowing I'd get my money back from PayPal if it went sour I took the risk. The next day I receive a tracking number then sure enough 3 days later this arrived to my door.

(keep in mind the cheapest we can get this headphone in Australia is about $400 Aud)

Granted, they're bassy, especially for the first hour however they're so damn addictive to listen too, and terribly easy to drive straight from Sansa Clip Zip. I really REALLY like them.

I'm on my phone atm, but can answer any questions later.

Holy ****...I mean congrats.

I'm a certified basshead.  That doesn't mean what folks think....I think? The 5 hardest hitting cans are not tied to any celebrity and this is one of them.

I'd love if you listened to a few tracks I request  and left you're impressions in another thread when time permits.

I have listened to 100's of cans...100's

I use this

You own one of the best overall sound sig/bass hit cans around. Hard housing behind driver maybe partly why.
They fit oddly when I tried them and I only heard 3 tracks and the folks were not amused. That's the only shop I could access the plug. I know these are great sounding but they also hammer. HAMMER when prodded.

It will be a member of THE list. If you can help in anyway that would be great. If not...enjoy those. I have heard many brands and price points and the Yammys hammer hard. 

May 14, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #57 of 139
On open box the first thing that hit me was a ton of bass, I was O_O, I mean it was very overwhelming and forceful, though I let them play for an hour and they settled down fractionally. They're rather warm in signature, thick mids though do a great job of pushing detail (and micro detail) out, what I'd consider warmth done right. I'm quite impressed with how detailed they're directly from Sansa Clip Zip, I've become so fond of them like that I must admit I've not tried any of my other sources for a substantial amount of time.

I'll try some tracks for you and maybe some bass boosting with an amp, but to be quite honest while the bass is definitely forward it's still a wonderful mid-range, treble and soundstage. Having heard HPH-200 and MT -220 both from Yamaha, this PRO500 is by far my favourite can from them.

May 14, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #58 of 139
On open box the first thing that hit me was a ton of bass, I was O_O, I mean it was very overwhelming and forceful, though I let them play for an hour and they settled down fractionally. They're rather warm in signature, thick mids though do a great job of pushing detail (and micro detail) out, what I'd consider warmth done right. I'm quite impressed with how detailed they're directly from Sansa Clip Zip, I've become so fond of them like that I must admit I've not tried any of my other sources for a substantial amount of time.

I'll try some tracks for you and maybe some bass boosting with an amp, but to be quite honest while the bass is definitely forward it's still a wonderful mid-range, treble and soundstage. Having heard HPH-200 and MT -220 both from Yamaha, this PRO500 is by far my favourite can from them.

I think the detail retrieval is amazing for a can that also has such low end prowess. 

It is not more loved must be aesthetic ?? I can see no reason this doesn't hit the buttons. It's an amazing piece of work done by Yamaha.

The track above

There is a 50, 40 and 33Hz strike (which is almost omnipresent)  

If you ever get the chance it's ability to handle that omnipresent note with the others would be great.

May 14, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #59 of 139
Sure, I will check those out for you in the morning, it's 3am here in Oz and I'm no where near a computer (or my dac/amp). Stay tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back