Yamaha HPH-MT8 studio monitor headphones
Dec 14, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #33 of 207
Off topic- I'm looking for a headphone display head in anime form as a headphone stand...looked för days and couldn't find anything on the Internet. ..The best was full metal alchemist the knight head as piggy bank lol... do they have anime mannequin head or something I can buy in Japan ?
tongue.gif

So...you basically want a head-shaped statue styled after an anime character that can be used as a headphone stand? That's awfully specific. Sounds like something you'd have to get custom-made.

Dec 15, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #36 of 207
  @Lorspeaker

they are not perfect, still they are absolutely better,

do you have enough of funds to buy one or listen to it?

I know you are still running it in, but...... 

Better in what way?

Does it have the same sub-bass and mid-band (vocals).

How is the folding aspect, do you think it will be a negative for those who do not wish to fold them?

You will have to convince us more that it is worth the hassle and expense of ditching our MT220. 
wink.gif

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #37 of 207
will wait a bit with saying too much about it unfortunately

one thing that i think is important is, compared to the mt220 that the piercing treble, and the overall sound of the mt220 is more uncontrolled

dont want to ruin for all, sharing some views on it

all of the listening perspectives compared to what i've heared so far, is better than the mt220
as i even stopped using the mt220, because when you had a high volume, it was unlistenable because of the treble, and also some other headphones had a better bass, because it was uncontrolled and not 50mm+

not here to convince though, for one that is happy with the mt220,

did you have listen to them @Light - Man "as I am not hearing any with AP100 or Mojo." 
what are your views?

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #38 of 207
Shhhhh...my pockets been drained by the 11.11..12.12 sales..
Mt220 aint going no where...:cold_sweat:

my new toy..KZ KST twindrivers.rediculously good..
(11bucks at gearbest...)

Dec 15, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #39 of 207
Everyone needs to take into account that each person's experience with a headphone will vary. What is unlistenable for one person can sound amazing for another. (The MT220 only sounds slightly bright to me, and I hate brightness.) Plus we all listen to different music, which is crucial.

Dec 15, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #40 of 207
my new toy..KZ KST twindrivers.rediculously good..
(11bucks at gearbest...)

Better than the ED9's that you hyped me into buying? 
tongue.gif

p.s. how come you get your stuff so fast!

Everyone needs to take into account that each person's experience with a headphone will vary. What is unlistenable for one person can sound amazing for another. (The MT220 only sounds slightly bright to me, and I hate brightness.) Plus we all listen to different music, which is crucial.

Yeah, exactly the same for me. "Piercing treble" is simply not my experience wiith the MT220's.

And that slight brightness was resolved for me via sorbothane and HM5 hybrid pads, so the MT220's simply sound wonderful imo.

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #41 of 207
u can afford to own another ridiculously inexpensivve twindrivers :p

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #42 of 207
Hi everyone
Thought I would log in and provide a very short review (first listen) of the Yam MT8's - as a past owner of the MT-220.
I was travelling a lot and during a weak moment of downsizing I sold my MT-220's on ebay, within a week I missed them but battled on by continually reminding myself I didn't need them. 
Fast forward 3 months and I decided last week that I would buy another pair of MT-220's, imagine my excitement when I realised there was a new version in the shape of the MT8's for £163 (UK) while the cheapest MT-220's was £149.
I purchased the MT8's but they only arrived in post today due to xmas postage delays and I have only had them on my head for 45mins....
Are they as good as the Mt-220's?    Yes
Are they better?  hmmmmm....yes I think they will be but if you have MT220's you shouldn't be paying to upgrade!
I'm no audio expert and listen to many different genres of music of varying quality, I played some blues (mp3 quality), pretty good for fresh out of the box I thought, I then moved to some flac files and various electronic music from dubstep to breakbeats - wow - there was the old MT220's sound, but different. I'm not 100% as to what was different as I don't have the 220's any more, I feel they have the same expansive and detailed sound, possibly slightly warmer??
Sorry I can't be more descriptive but I feel they need some more burn in time before I can truly evaluate them.
Bottom line for now, they sound incredible and for me they fit better than the Mt-220's, they are super comfy,  I feel they are not as tight on the head and feel more ergonomic overall - plus they look fantastic and I love the detachable cord.
Right now I'm gonna get back to more listening as finally my music sounds awesome again :) find enclosed some pics, they come with two leads and a carry pouch. Check out my very happy face as I welcome great sound again!

Dec 28, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #45 of 207

You will love them...
I'm back discovering all the detail in my music right now and I swear they already sound better!

My cat chewed through the cable of my Yamaha EPH-100, now I feel a void in my music life.  Yamaha has a great sound when they do it right.  Loved the sound on the Pro 500 also when I demoed them a while ago, but the clamping force was too great for me 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back