Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged)
Apr 11, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #2 of 3,295
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpersonalaudio.ru%2Fraa%2Fotchety%2Fnaushniki%2Fyamaha-hph-mt-220%2F&act=url

The graph looks good. I would be excited to try yamaha's new monitoring line if I were you. I saw a guy on a Korean forum saying that they sound very transparent and clear, and that it sounds like a pleasant shower on your ears. :))

Apr 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #4 of 3,295
I'd like to buy them.
Over the years Yamaha's audio products have, at times,
really blown me away or not made much of an impression at all.
But they've never disappointed.

Yamaha's website lists several dealers in NYC for the HPH-MT220,
but none of their websites even recognize the product.
e.g. B&H, Sam Ash...

Jul 27, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #7 of 3,295
Quote:
I'd like to buy them.
Over the years Yamaha's audio products have, at times,
really blown me away or not made much of an impression at all.
But they've never disappointed.

Yamaha's website lists several dealers in NYC for the HPH-MT220,
but none of their websites even recognize the product.
e.g. B&H, Sam Ash...

I LOOOOVED the sound of Yamaha Pro 500s! Too bad their style is too "Beats-Like" and they are just too big for my head. But these seem like a good deal and I will definitely keep trying Yamaha Products. So... I guess I'll bite and test it out. I no longer have "monitoring" headphones such as Shure 940s/440s, KRKs or even the Sennheiser HD600s, (only the Spider Moonlight "monitoring" huge ass headphones) but I'll try to compare to my neutral-ish but warm MrSpeakers Mad Dogs.

Quote:
In latest edition of swedish magazine Hifi & Musik the Yamaha HPH-MT220 got Sound 10/10 and were considered better than Sony MDR-1R, KEF M500, Onkyo ES-HF300, Martin Logan Mikros 90, JVC HA-SZ2000 and Philips Fidelio L2.

Interesting.
I didn't like the SZ2000 much (I have em for sale...), but the KEFs (which I got this week) are Ok and the MDR-1R I liked a lot at low volumes (upper mids were fatiguing to me...). Do you have any links for that btw?

Thanks.

Jul 27, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #9 of 3,295
I have tried this few weeks back in a headphone shop . It is accurate and has the quality of a studio monitor . I am actually looking for an alternative for my M-100 that has serious comfort issue . Depends on your equipment they will sound exactly how you want them to sound . Overall a very good headphone highly recommended !!

Aug 3, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #10 of 3,295
I LOOOOVED the sound of Yamaha Pro 500s! Too bad their style is too "Beats-Like" and they are just too big for my head. But these seem like a good deal and I will definitely keep trying Yamaha Products. So... I guess I'll bite and test it out. I no longer have "monitoring" headphones such as Shure 940s/440s, KRKs or even the Sennheiser HD600s, (only the Spider Moonlight "monitoring" huge ass headphones) but I'll try to compare to my neutral-ish but warm MrSpeakers Mad Dogs.

Interesting.
I didn't like the SZ2000 much (I have em for sale...), but the KEFs (which I got this week) are Ok and the MDR-1R I liked a lot at low volumes (upper mids were fatiguing to me...). Do you have any links for that btw?

Thanks.

No sorry the review is not online. Print only.

Aug 6, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #13 of 3,295
Some notes:

Cable is non-removable (I thought it was) and it's coiled.
They feel completely comfortable as of now, and they earpads feel pretty good even though they are not very deep.
Seem sturdy and well constructed.
Are sensitive enough to run from an MP3 player.

These are NOT your "bright as the sun - monitoring" headphones
(i.e. they have a completely different signature from the Shure SRH440/940, KRK 8400/6400, Spider Moonlight, etc.)
These actually feel a bit like the Shure SRH840s but a bit smoother as a whole!
Tracks with slamming bass, they show it, basslines are reproduced excellent. Loving the vocals too but need to test more with female voices.
Something up-top seems a bit boosted though, it picks up on hiss on tracks pretty fast and some sibilance has shown up.

Tracks tried:

Daft Punk - Get Lucky
J-King and Maximan - Ella me pide something
Paramore - Still into You
Netsky - Let's leave tomorrow
Bring me the Horizon - The House of Wolves 
Kaskade - One Heart

Will probably come up with more and comparisons during the weekend.
As of now, they are enjoyable.!

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #14 of 3,295
Looking forward to some impressions when they get a hold of you more.
Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back