Yamaha eph-200 impressions?
post-15073171
Post #1 of 7

prawdziwysimone

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
HI!
I am looking for a new set of iems, also i am a big fan of micro drivers and eph-100s. I am thinking about eph-200 but it is hard to get some impressions, i found a few comments about them in a eph-100's discussion but there is not to much about them. Can anyone describe me how are they sounds? What about general tonality? How they sound compare to eph-100 and is it the same driver? (I had like 3 pairs and had some issues with one speaker that stopped working after some time and there is Japan import with no warranty for eph-200 so i am affaird). I am curious if are they easy to drive from an iphone. Had the 100's and loved them so far but it is so hard to get some reviews about 200's, found unboxing of the 200's on bad boy good audio yt page but there is no review, albo i would be so so grateful for frequency response chart of these. thank you:)

post-15264508
Post #2 of 7

sd1239

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
excellent voice and music , extremely good for acoustic / orchestra performance
guitar/ bass - that sense of rhyme is not well performed in this earphone

very great sound stage, but lacking coil " send of sound in the air " feel ( but if you get used to that, you will find the accuracy in the location of sound - other multiple unit armature earphone deliberately dissects the bass from treble and deliver the sound from different channel into ear to mimic the location of the instrument, while excellent coil earphone use resonance with air channel to give bass resonance to mimic the large soundstage as playing in a hall/ theatre)
- this earphone lack both and you will find the sound-stage very restricted initially.
- after detail listening , the accuracy in location of sound is even better than campfire andromeda ( faked soundstage ), acoustune hs1670 ( faked air feel ) and even TF10

you need to consider playing in a small studio
the location and layer are extremely well defined

the clarity and " crystal " treble are well equipped in this earphone
the bass is extremely deep and the response is very quick, giving a great sense of drum
similar to the ER4 , but the sound is far warming, while accurate and detailed
mid - the range coverage is very sufficiency and in some range, such as bass-like female singer like adele , is very good

Reactions: prawdziwysimone
post-15273596
Post #3 of 7

prawdziwysimone

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Thank you for your thoughts. Is it similar sound signature to eph-100? Or is it more like V-shaped signature? I wonder if there will be enough bass because i found some comments that these iems are neutral in tonal balance and others says that these are v-shaped..I don't know what to think about it, frequency graph highly needed :beyersmile:. I prefer engaging signature with good amount of lows. Can you compare them to any popular Chi-fi Iems like ikko oh10, moondrop kp, fiio fh5, etc.. Thanks anyway

post-15274587
Post #4 of 7

sd1239

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
the only chi-fi I used is KZ zs6 ( there is no similarity between these two earphone; zs 6 is wayyyy larger and faked in soundstage .

no idea whether u have been to any professional music studio / piano examination sound isolation room.
eph-200 behave like a band playing in a studio or a sound-isolated room.
The initial soundstage may make u think that why everything is so intimate to ear, so choked in sound
but after listening to 30 mins or so
you will realize everything is very accurate in location

bass is very very responsive, not a bit of excessive bass and drum
vocal is excellent
piano and violin are well in place
nth faked

the closest earphone I would consider similar is
er4 but with more decent, deep and controlled bass
or i can say ......... It is a non-ear-smoothening version of klipsch X10 ( coz klipsch tunes the earphone warmer and wider in soundstage )
this earphone is truly truly a reflection of real studio sound ( Sony Mdr7550 also tuned to be wider in soundstage, but not as faked as other earphone )

the most important condition that this earphone can outweigh most of the earphone is
playing orchestra
- all those faked soundstage earphone will merge sound into a blend of sound ( the best joke I have is when playing " liszt - la campanella " on piano, the sound element in other earphone deliberately separates a piano sound into high and low and place in two locations
- only er4, eph200, X10 and X11, mdr7550, panasonic HDE10 can give " analysible" sound for the location of instrument for orchestra

engaging soundstage u mean shure 846 ?
it is very very extremely faked in term of vocal and soundstage, vocal too closed to be so faked
eph 200 has more smoothed vocal ( if you know female voice, you will notice a trait of low inside the highs ; eph200, philips S2, panasonic HDE10 )
and the location of vocal is just right

good amount of bass or u mean excessive bass ?
eph200 has very very accurate and very deep bass
but it retracts very quickly like REAL instrument
never have a bit of excess in the bass

my list of earphone
UE tf10, UE900s, Etymotic Research er4, klipsch X10, X11i, yamaha eph200, panasonic RP-HDE10, Sony mdr7550, AKG N30, KZ zs6, campfire andromeda, acoustune hs1670, shure 846, philips S2

post-15277678
Post #5 of 7

prawdziwysimone

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Final question, bass quantity compared to andromeda? I know, bass is quick and precise but I mean if i listen to for example 2pac or house tracks are these IEM's able to provide enjoyable energy on lows where i can feel a sub-bass?

post-15365753
Post #6 of 7

iems0nly

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I just bought these:
Yamaha EPH-200 - Initial impressions:
Very clean sounding. Tight bass, which is all about the sub-bass. Great impact and rumble. Zero bleed.
Vocals are perfectly placed, lacks a touch of warmth.
Treble is very well tuned, greatly detailed, never sounds harsh. NOT thin sounding. Cymbals and crashed have great body.
Soundstage is really special, puts you right in the middle of music. Stage has great height and depth. Lots of over the head sounds.
Dynamic driver timbre is perfect! Loving it. I can only see this getting better over time.
Oh, and piano especially sounds great in these!

Yamaha EPH200 measurements:

Vs Ocharaku Donguri Ti Plus:

Reactions: prawdziwysimone
post-15439358
Post #7 of 7

stillshot2

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Final question, bass quantity compared to andromeda? I know, bass is quick and precise but I mean if i listen to for example 2pac or house tracks are these IEM's able to provide enjoyable energy on lows where i can feel a sub-bass?
Yes, crank em up and enjoy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)