Yamaha EPH-100
Jun 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #1,864 of 4,690
These Yamahas are now my only headphones/IEMs. I bought them about 3 months ago and I've loved them ever since even though I had all the headphones in my sig. After a lot of thinking, I decided to sell/give away everything and just keep these and I'm still very happy with that decision after a week. Don't get me wrong, most of the headphones I owned are technically way better than these little things, but at the end of the day these were the most fun to listen to and I realized that that's what it was all about. 

These are, by far, my best audio-related purchase when it comes to price/performance. That doesn't mean that I think they're perfect though, I would gladly accept if they had a little less bass. 

Let's see how long I can resist the temptation to buy a new pair of headphones to try out. 

Jun 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #1,865 of 4,690
That's a pretty big achievement davidgotsa and I understand why. 

I'm in a similar boat.

Since buying my EPH-100 everything else I try doesn't impress me, I'm hesitant to make purchases on $150 - $200 IEM's because I don't want to be let down. In a way the EPH has helped me save money but in others stopped my journey of searching for something I might like which is what this site and hobby is about. And it all happens with EPH through my Clip+ on Sansa firmware and not my Cowon player.

My only concern over time is the grill becoming blocked up with wax, which shouldn't be a problem because I clean my ears twice a day with q-tips, but if someone has a solution I would be interested to know for the long term. I was thinking little bit of alcohol on a q-tip and rub it gently over the grill? 

Jun 5, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #1,866 of 4,690
i too have gone for the order from audioaffair.co.uk, after exeltek.com.au is on backorder till "early july" whenever that is. i think it even turns out a little bit cheaper even shipped to Australia :)

Jun 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #1,869 of 4,690
What's the secret to the great sound? 
cool.gif

Jun 6, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #1,870 of 4,690
I ordered the EPH-100 two days ago, but I still don't have a shipping confirmation from Audio Affair. I sent two emails to them but no response. Anyone else who ordered from Audio Affair get a shipping confirmation?

Jun 6, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #1,871 of 4,690
I got a shipping confirmation 2 days after I ordered them. Wasn't it a bank holiday in the UK yesterday? 
Quote:
I ordered the EPH-100 two days ago, but I still don't have a shipping confirmation from Audio Affair. I sent two emails to them but no response. Anyone else who ordered from Audio Affair get a shipping confirmation?

Jun 7, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #1,874 of 4,690
i was wondering what the holdup was too... :) all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back