Yamaha EPH-100
Jan 23, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #196 of 4,690

I'm glad people are enjoying album. So we agree EPH100 kicks with Hip-Hop ?

Before we go completely off subject I just like to say few things -

There are many great hip-hop artists & albums out there, but i only connect with Immortal Technique - Felipe Andres Corone & Lowkey - Kareem Dennis.

Both artists rap from the heart about the global political state of the world & history as it was & not painted by media or even the programmed education establishments.

These guys have been honorable enough not sign up there souls to large studio's & lose there freedoms to rap as they wish. They have given much away to charity work to set up orphanages etc. These guys are my heroes.

Immortal Technique has done none political pieces as well & non is better than "You Never Know"

Its a poetic master piece & I'm not embarrassed to say I was emotionally moved almost to tears. Be warned..

Lowkey is from UK & his most recent album "Soundtrack To The Struggle" is equally phenomenal as The Martyr. In fact Immortal & Lowkey have done a collaboration track on this album.
His wordings are little less stronger & some may find more eloquent.   Taster from album

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #197 of 4,690

Quote:
Awesome album, thanks for introducing me to it!
Guys I can hear my heartbeat really clearly when I listen with the EPH-100, is there anything I can do?  
blink.gif
 lol

Err... check your blood pressure? (lol)
confused_face%281%29.gif

Do you mean with music playing, or silence? It'd make sense if you were exercising before hand and had turned off your music, whilst leaving the EPH-100s in your ears.

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #198 of 4,690

Quote:
Awesome album, thanks for introducing me to it!
Guys I can hear my heartbeat really clearly when I listen with the EPH-100, is there anything I can do?  
blink.gif
 lol

Sure that's not the Kick Drum as it sounds pretty awesome  on EPH100's ?
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #201 of 4,690
Hahaha 
no, it happens when it's silent too, it's my resting pulse. Shows you how good the isolation is!
I'm still trying to adjust to the EPH-100, from the bass-heavy and warm ATH-CKS.  Thank god I didn't end up going with the GR07, that would have sounded bright as heck to me

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #202 of 4,690
If you can hear body internal noise (eg your heart beat), it means you inserted the IEMs too deep and they receive body noises by bone conduction. Very typical when the fit is tight and deep.
Try slightly bigger tips so you can't insert them so deep.
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #203 of 4,690

Quote:
Glad to !
beerchug.gif

We must share more.

How does album sound to you on EPH100 ? Kicking for Rap/hip-hop ?

Sorry man, not had time to log on in a few days - I really do get pulled in my this genre on the Yams - The beat just sounds so energetic and snappy in comparison to any other IEM I have (including the Miracle) - It reminds me of my VMODA V-80's in a way, which I enjoy insanely - I only managed to listen to about 4-5 tracks so far - But plan on putting them on my Teclast for my journeys next week
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #204 of 4,690
Well... mine arrived.

They've been out of the box for around 10 minutes, and have had just 5 minutes listening time. I'll post some proper 'initial impressions' later when I get home.

However, I must say that those 5 minutes were enough to leave me feeling VERY impressed. I am genuinely surprised at quite how much bass these things kick out... They make the FXT90 and GR07 appear positively bass light! It's too soon to talk about bass quality - will cover that after some burn-in. The other major thing that has struck me is the imaging, soundstage and separation. To say that these phones sound immersive and 3D is a blatant understatement.

It's too soon to make proper judgments, so I'm holding back from making bold or rash statements... but this is hard, as right now I'm feeling pretty wowed.  The only other thing I'll say, is that these are VERY comfortable (as comfortable as the GR07) and exhibit build quality of a very high standard.

Lets just say that I have no doubts as to these being keepers.

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #206 of 4,690

Quote:
HOOOOORRRRAAAAAAYYYY !
Welcome onboard !
Await further impressions especially in relation to GR07 & FXT90.
Now where is Miow's pair got to I wonder.

Although accepting payments, Lektropacks were out of stock until today. Alden therefore put orders on 'next day delivery'. In my case this turned out to be 'same day delivery', which I'm certainly not going to moan about! No doubt this is due to me being located in the UK. Miow is located in mainland Europe, so will probably have his by the morning
popcorn.gif

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #207 of 4,690
They haven't arrived yet. :frowning2: Issue with the worst seller I have ever dealt with on head-fi. Terrible communication, if non existant. Doesn't reply to PMs nor emails. Doesn't even give me a tracking number!!! Wish I had purchase them from that UK store. They would arrive here this week for sure. And it would have been just £10 more. I totally regret I didn't, but +25 feedbacks made me think I was dealing with a good seller. Looks like I was wrong.

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #208 of 4,690
Nulliverse, what genre of music you into ?

Make sure to give EDM a go to truly appreciate the 3D immersiveness these phones can deliver. I put a youtube link in earlier post to a NUERA track that demonstrates EPH100's strengths in bass, detail & 3D sound stage (best to hear 320k to really get the feel).

*edit* Found it

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/9O6mMJ0dJwU[/VIDEO]

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #210 of 4,690
For those in the States you can buy from J&R. With phone order you can get roughly 25% discount of listed price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back