Yamaha EPH-100
Mar 2, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #4,666 of 4,690
Just a quick update. Sound itself is pretty much still very much enjoyable, and this is still one of the nicest looking IEMs I've seen. 2 of my friends jumped on the deal too and they like it too.
I did encounter an issue though. Within the day, I noticed that the cable was separated/broken at the y-split, exposing the wires underneath.

m2VynHD.png

Contacted yamaha sg and they did an exchange the next day, and the new unit was fine (kudos to them for the prompt response). Not sure if it's a common issue or not since the EPH200 is so uncommon, but seeing that the grooves along the cable is probably making it stiffer and less less flexible, and the way the cable broke for the first set I got, I was a little concerned about the longevity of the cable. Ended up using some heat shrink tubing to reinforce the area and move the point of stress from the y-split to a little lower along the cable instead. Well, or another option is to just replace the cable. :joy:

fTBinES.jpg
I'm glad that they were responsive to your issue, good to see.

Apr 24, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #4,668 of 4,690
So, I learned the hard way last night that if you take any non stock tip and use it on the EPH-200, it stretches out the tip core too much to be re-used on any other IEMs afterwards. I was bored and put a pair of Spinfit CP145 tips on the EPH-200, decided against it, then put the CP145s on a different set of IEMs. After I used the other IEMs, the tips both slid right off the nozzles when I stopped using them, and the tips were stuck pretty deep in my ear canals.

I sheepishly had to ask my wife to pull them out with tweezers :nerd:

Sep 13, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #4,671 of 4,690
Sep 25, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #4,672 of 4,690
I managed to loose both mine while not even going out? Explain that. Feels odd buying it a third time but otherwise what is the closest you would get that signature

Sep 25, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #4,673 of 4,690
I managed to loose both mine while not even going out? Explain that. Feels odd buying it a third time but otherwise what is the closest you would get that signature

I found Zero Audio Carbo Tenore and Ortofon EQ-5 to be similar, but definitely not the same.

Sep 26, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #4,674 of 4,690
I found Zero Audio Carbo Tenore and Ortofon EQ-5 to be similar, but definitely not the same.
Thanks. Decided to take a gamble on the ZERO AUDIO stereo headphone CARBO MEZZO ZH-DX220-C. Found it for just 28$ so not a biggie if it doesn´t work out :)

Sep 26, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #4,675 of 4,690
Nope, you still can in some places:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-EPH-100-Stereo-Earphones-iPhone-silver/dp/B005LT8BP6

My old pair still works perfectly, but I am tempted to get another as a backup.
for this to work I need to put in a UK postcode, otherwise from where I am (Australia) they show as out of stock. I remember they used to be $100 in Australia. Now converting the UK price to AU its like $135 plus shipping (I would have a friend in the UK have to post them to me). Im wondering if its worth it... I have such nostalgia for them.

Sep 27, 2021 at 12:19 AM Post #4,676 of 4,690
for this to work I need to put in a UK postcode, otherwise from where I am (Australia) they show as out of stock. I remember they used to be $100 in Australia. Now converting the UK price to AU its like $135 plus shipping (I would have a friend in the UK have to post them to me). Im wondering if its worth it... I have such nostalgia for them.

Ahh you're in AUS? That sucks bro.

Do they not have them anywhere?

You said it yourself though, you have nostalgia for them... So nothing else will ever fill that craving (void). Get them while you can or they may be gone forever.

Sep 27, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #4,677 of 4,690
Ahh you're in AUS? That sucks bro.

Do they not have them anywhere?

You said it yourself though, you have nostalgia for them... So nothing else will ever fill that craving (void). Get them while you can or they may be gone forever.
Yes. Thats my thinking too hehe. They will be all gone one day.

Yeah, Australia. They are discontinued here now. But they used to be locally available officially and for quite a reasonable price. They actually made me a bit of a Yamaha fanboy. In Japan they are twice the UK price. So paying a little bit for some sweet nostalgia isnt too bad.

EDIT: Actually I think they were about $150 AU officially. Which is similar to the UK price now. So not bad.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #4,678 of 4,690
I pulled the trigger and ordered it. Looking forward to hearing this earphone again.

Oct 18, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #4,679 of 4,690
Got this baby back in my ears. So comfortable. But that cord, its just wants to tango!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back